Goodbye My Finny Boy

Discussion in 'In loving memory of...' started by MyJezebel, Feb 10, 2018.

1. MyJezebel

MyJezebelV.I.P Lairian V.I.P Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $9,999.22
    Ratings:
    +1,262
    I lost my sweet boy Finn early Monday morning to what was most likely a pulmonary embolism. He and I had been fighting for his life for over 6 years after her was diagnosed with Immune Mediated Hemolytic Anemia (IMHA) at 10 months old. Since this past October, we had been having trouble keeping his red blood cell count regulated. But beyond being a bit sluggish, there were no other symptoms.

In the few days leading up to his passing he began breathing a bit more rapidly when he would exert himself. This was attributed to his low red cell count because less red cells meant less oxygen being circulated in his body. The day before he passed, his breathing became more labored. I had him at the vet's office first thing in the morning. Chest radiographs, blood tests (minus his red cell count) and his physical examination were all unremarkable. They showed nothing abnormal. Again, low red blood cell count, combined with the high dosage of steroids that he was taking to attempt to regulate him, were suspected as the culprit. The plan was to wean him off the steroid to a lower dose to see if his breathing would improve. Unfortunately, he just continued to decline and we had him back at the vet the next afternoon. He never made it home and I am beyond devastated.

While I know that I did everything that I could for him while battling his IMHA all these years, those last 48 hours are going to haunt me for a long while. I try to tell myself that I did the best I could for him with the information that I had, but I still can't help feeling that I failed him at the end. Beyond that guilt, I just miss him terribly. He was my heart kitty. I haven't had a decent nights sleep since he's been gone because Finn was my snuggle buddy. I cry every night before I fall asleep and again first thing when I wake up because the reality hits me like a ton of bricks that he's no longer here. It's also heartbreaking to see Jezebel all alone. I miss there being two lumps under the covers and watching them follow each other around. They were such a bonded pair. Jezebel is also a bit out of sorts. She's been wandering around the house meowing and looking for him, as well as being super clingy to me and excessively grooming herself. Her anxiousness just adds another layer to my sadness. Hopefully we will both heal in time.

Here are a few pictures of my beautiful boy. Fly high with the angels my baby. I love you.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Hugs Hugs x 2

• Catzzzmeow

CatzzzmeowModerator Staff Member

Sphynx Bucks:
      $437,847.95
      Ratings:
      +33,243
      • Scary sphynx
      I am so sorry to read this. My eyes welled up all over again. I know how much you loved your boy and how you have given him a remarkable life with the battles he has had. Fly high sweet boy...your wings will carry you swiftly.

• Like Like x 1
      • Staceyxxx

StaceyxxxSenior Lairian Senior Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
        $4,679.03
        Ratings:
        +705
        Honestly am in tears reading reading ur post, I can only imagine ur pain, am so sorry for ur loss! Time is a great healer, you n Jezebel will get through it together, Your boy is so handsome n knows how much u cared n looked after him! Sending u love from Scotland xxxx

• Like Like x 2
        • Robin Matsumoto

Robin MatsumotoLairian

Sphynx Bucks:
          $3,470.35
          Ratings:
          +137
          I’m so sorry for your loss. I feel your pain, I lost my baby girl, Yoya last weekend 2/4/18 to congestive heart failure, HCM. My cat was barely 3 years old. My feeling is this; you do everything humanly possible for your animals but sometimes God has other plans.. Your boy, Finn looked so handsome and he was loved. I wish the best for you and your other cat, my girl has a playmate and he too is grieving her loss. Your baby has earned his angel wings and is flying in heaven. God Bless You.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
          • Hugs Hugs x 1
          • Sheldon13

Sheldon13V.I.P Lairian V.I.P Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
            $26,410.41
            Ratings:
            +2,827
            • Yellow Sphynx
            What a sweet little man. I’m so glad you were blessed with each other. My condolences for your sad loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
            • Toa and Ross

Toa and RossGold Lairian Notable Member

Sphynx Bucks:
              $216,041.91
              Ratings:
              +19,513
              Finn was such a handsome and adorable boy. And he was loved so much by you. He had your love and had a good life with you. So sorry you had to let him go. I know you miss him terrible. Big hugs

• Like Like x 2
              • JSal

JSalSenior Lairian Senior Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
                $4,384.20
                Ratings:
                +430
                • Cow
                • butterfly 4
                I'm crying for you and Jezebel. Comfort each other in your mutual sorrow. :cry:

• Like Like x 1
                • Yoda mom

Yoda momModerator Staff Member

Sphynx Bucks:
                  $101,395.52
                  Ratings:
                  +10,964
                  • Butterflies
                  • Red Sphynx
                  • Pink Sphynx
                  • Black Sphynx
                  @MyJezebel , oh sweetie I am so sorry to learn your Finny boy got his angel wings
                  Fly high sweet boy I know my Yoda has found you at the bridge and are sharing stories of all the love they knew on this world
                  Thank you for sharing such heartfelt tribute photos ((hugs))))

My heart aches for you and Jezebel
                  Please give her extra head smooches and sending a big comforting hug to you

Here for you

Rest in Peace sweet Finn

"Replied the glorious cat
                  For I will whisper into their hearts
                  That I am always with them
                  I just am....forever and ever and ever. "
                  -from poem for cats
                  image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
                  • Condo commando

Condo commandoV.I.P Lairian V.I.P Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
                    $16,483.78
                    Ratings:
                    +1,333
                    I'm sorry for your loss. It's always hard to lose these guys but I'm sure you gave Finn a great life. Sympathies.

• Like Like x 1