Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Got Them To Eat Raw, But........

sheryl

Lairian
Hi All...
I finally got Sammie & Lilly to eat the raw rabbit. I had to fry it for about 20 seconds in a very small amount of olive oil cooking spray (PAM) and let it cool. I've been giving them only a small amount at a time, maybe a tablespoon or two. They love it, but Sammie vomits it up almost immediately afterwards. I'm concerned because they really haven't been eating all that much the pst 3-4 days while I'm switching them over. I've tried putting tuna juice or a small amount of canned food on top of the raw (un-cooked) to entice them, but none of this worked, so that's why I thought of the frying idea. Perhaps it's the rabbit Sammie's tummy can't handle?
Thank You!
Sheryl

Brooke

Banned
I don't have any experience with rabbit, so I don't know if it's rich or known for being hard on tummies, but it wouldn't hurt to try one of the other proteins. More importantly (and it may be too early to tell) have their stools improved since you got them to start eating the raw?!

My fingers are crossed so hard right now they may break in half!!

sheryl

Lairian
Awww....Brooke. Thank You so much for your care & concern for the girls!! Too hard to tell about their stools yet - they've eaten so little of the raw. I am on my way to town to get a different protein source in the raw and try that.
Sheryl

harley

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Dont know if this will help, but when I switched my guys to raw I started out with Chicken, I would boil it till done, take the lysine tablet and disolve it in a small amount of the juice, then put in the blender and make mush out of it to feed them, slowly I made it less cooked and less mush...Now they love it and eat it without a problem...I did that with each meat till they got to the same point..I also found out stuff they didn't like just but taste...Now I am doing it again with my three new ones to convert them slowly also..Hope this helps or at least gives you some ideas..:BigSmile:

Back