Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Gotcha Day: December 21

Hildegard

Lairian
I finally know the exact date I will bring my little Hildegard home! I also just spent a bunch of money on her stuff just barely lol. I got some toys, a heated cat bed (K&H, recomended by this lovely site!), feeder dishes, and the food the breeder is feeding her right now. I still need to get litter and a litter box. The breeder said she’d send updated pictures today, so I will be posting them soon!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hildegard

Lairian
Here are the pictures!! Hildegard and her brother cuddling by the warm vent haha
8888cf64a8bc268236a8e564bd4f7fa2.jpg
869d1f3927babf0853010bde74464d94.jpg

Zab

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Congratz! That is one awesome christmas present! Qurious about the name, is there a story behind it??

Hildegard

Lairian
Congratz! That is one awesome christmas present! Qurious about the name, is there a story behind it??

This is kind of a funny story... so I actually wrote my husband an essay telling him why I thought we should get a sphynx (he really didn’t want a pet) and one of the things I said in the essay was that he could choose the gender and name. He eventually agreed to the cat (yay!) and he chose the name Hildegard after this awesome composer (he’s a musician) who lived in the 1100s, when it was especially rare women did anything, let alone compose music! She’s also a saint and considered the founder of scientific natural history in Germany! I quite like the name and the women who inspired it!

Zab

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
This is kind of a funny story... so I actually wrote my husband an essay telling him why I thought we should get a sphynx (he really didn’t want a pet) and one of the things I said in the essay was that he could choose the gender and name. He eventually agreed to the cat (yay!) and he chose the name Hildegard after this awesome composer (he’s a musician) who lived in the 1100s, when it was especially rare women did anything, let alone compose music! She’s also a saint and considered the founder of scientific natural history in Germany! I quite like the name and the women who inspired it!

Awesome story! Keep us posted how it goes, cause your hubby will be totally sold on Hildegard!

Back