Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Gotcha Day - take 2!

SarahBo

Lairian
Hi! Meet Smidge. She joined us yesterday & we are all smitten. She is playful, curious & sweet with a very loud purr. :) She is using the litter box & drinking water, but isn't terribly interested in eating. I have raw food from her breeder. I've read that this is normal in the first few days, but would love any feedback. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_1672.JPG
    IMG_1672.JPG
    198.2 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_1679.JPG
    IMG_1679.JPG
    184.8 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_1680.JPG
    IMG_1680.JPG
    222.3 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_1682.JPG
    IMG_1682.JPG
    178.3 KB · Views: 41

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Happy gotcha day!!!! Smidge is absolutely adorable. Our adult adoptee took several days with us to have an appetite, but lo and behold once she was settled she was quite the eater!

Can't wait to see more photos of your little cutie. :love:

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Congratulations! Smidge is a beautiful cutie. Happy to hear she’s settling in well. Since you have the same food as the breeder has, I’m sure she’ll start to eat soon. Kittens can be so overwhelmed by their new homes, they forget to eat.

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Happy Smidge Gotcha Day. Oh, what a ham she is. Looking forward to her stories and pics.

As long as she's drinking right now, that's most important. The food will come soon. But keep us posted.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@SarahBo ahh! Happy Smidge Gotcha! Sooo adorable!
@Condo commando amd other Raw feeders are a good resource .

My boy took 3 days till he would eat. Drank water fine . By day 4 he was a little piggy

Look forward to lots of pics and tales! Head smooches! Welcome, home Smidge!

Lynn W

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
My little Dash "the wild child" didn't have a problem with eating..he ate anything that didn't eat him first. He came into the house and took over everything..the dog's stuff, the bedroom, and my heart. He hasn't had any problems except for stealing things, still can't get him to leave things alone. Your baby girl Smidge, is a little doll.. Happy Gotcha Day Smidge!

Condo commando

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Congratulations! Smidge is a beautiful cutie. Happy to hear she’s settling in well. Since you have the same food as the breeder has, I’m sure she’ll start to eat soon. Kittens can be so overwhelmed by their new homes, they forget to eat.
I think I agree with Toa and Ross.... Have you tried putting Smidge in a room where the only thing capturing her attention is the food dish?

Back