Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Gotcha Day!

KoopCats

Lairian
She's here! Technically gotcha day was Saturday night, but we've been worn out lol. She's SUCH an angel, I can't even begin to describe it (and I don't need to, because you're all here because you already know!!) We're first time sphynx owners, and man are we in love.

First night was rough, we kept her in our bedroom as her "safe zone" and our other cat Mozzie in the rest of the house. Mozzie was VERY unhappy about being left out of the fun in the bedroom, so lots of crying... we had to get up everyone hour or so to comfort him, and he ended up pooping in the office out of stress. Not fun. Baby girl settled in just fine though! Second night (last night) was uneventful, everyone slept quietly and soundly. We're experiencing soft poops, but that's to be expected I'm sure. She does seem VERY uncomfortable when pooping, she digs and walks around her litter box mid poop (like, poop hanging out of her butt) and makes this 100% "I'm constipated" face... which I guess is because it's diarrhea-ish, but it worried me a little. We're keeping an eye on it. She also has scars (the two dark spots you can see in the pic of her) from what the breeder said was a reaction to her anesthesia from the spay surgery? I'll make a separate post on it when I can get better pics.

All in all, a very eventful but happy weekend! I can't wait until we can start making introductions between the two kitties and start hanging out as a family... I work from home, and I miss her when she's in the bedroom all day lol!

Still no name, we're stuck! My husband wants to call her Maddy (short for Mademoiselle...he's very proud of coming up with that hahaha), but I still like Olive or Eloise or Wednesday. We'll settle on one eventually I'm sure!

Attachments

• 43D1DD40-C48D-485C-BAFF-5D2AB125EFE3.JPG
    43D1DD40-C48D-485C-BAFF-5D2AB125EFE3.JPG
    198.3 KB · Views: 35
  • 538BA1E9-47BE-4F30-BCDB-D811B58FFB89.JPG
    538BA1E9-47BE-4F30-BCDB-D811B58FFB89.JPG
    121.2 KB · Views: 33
  • 508493A4-F9BB-454F-BE4B-237BC93BD41D.JPG
    508493A4-F9BB-454F-BE4B-237BC93BD41D.JPG
    117.3 KB · Views: 35

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Happy Gotcha Day! So happy to hear that shes settling in nicely. Shes stunning! I can't wait to see more pictures, and hopefully of her snuggling her new brother :love:

Yoda mom

Staff member
@KoopCats ah!!! HAPPY GOTCHA!
soooo cute!!!! look forward to what name sticks and lots of pics and tales!

always good to get a baseline wellness vet check..
some contracts require it within a certain time

good idea to bring a stool sample too for a baseline
I also always routinely ask the vet to take a good listen to the heart whenever I take mine to the vet

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Congratulations! She is beautiful!! I love the photo of the 3 of you. Such proud mommy and daddy with their baby girl!
Hopefully the introduction with Mozzie will go well.
A health check by the vet is always a good idea.

Cinafina

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
The wait is finally over, YAY!! Happy Gotcha day on your gorgeous yet to be named baby girl! {= Just wait to see what her personality suits :) I feel for poor Mozzie, wondering what is going on, bless him! Let us know how introductions go!

Back