Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

deesphynxqueen

Lairian
Well the days come and I FINALLY was able to get my little girls. let me tell you I have one furry queen who is super annoyed with my new furless queen. The other little girl is much more mellow and timid. But 3 hours after I'm home and we are snuggling on the couch. My two new sphynx girls love to be on you under the covers. happy human

Attachments

• 20150529_203316.jpg
    20150529_203316.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 45

Yoda mom

Staff member
@deesphynxqueen ,happy double gotcha ! Thank you for opening your heart and home to these sweeties!
Have a great bonding weekend and keep the pics of the girls coming!

Head kisses to all your babies from our little zoo

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Well the days come and I FINALLY was able to get my little girls. let me tell you I have one furry queen who is super annoyed with my new furless queen. The other little girl is much more mellow and timid. But 3 hours after I'm home and we are snuggling on the couch. My two new sphynx girls love to be on you under the covers. happy human
Congrats! what cuties they are! :)

deesphynxqueen

Lairian
Thanks guys. First night went ok.mmy two fur babies are disgruntled to say the least. The hairless babies have thus far been ok with the dog. Anyone have any tips to help transition. I've had animals before to acclimate but never sphynx

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Happy Gotcha day and make that a double! Your girls are cute,hidden under the blankets. Hope all your four legged ones willget use to eachother soon.

Hairless Blessing

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Congrats, little dolls they are. It will take time for them to accept
each other, be patient. Try to play with all them together.
Give them all treats together. Still pay as much attention to all of them
equally.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@deesphynxqueen ,
Lots of praise and positive reinforcement and play -
For me while quarantined at first , I let them play with a cat dancer on both sides of the door and treats.
I then
use multiple pole toys and a bag of cat treats in a neutral main room
I do it in short sessions and separate.
I do the dog one at a time one kitty at a time with the dog leashed letting sniff under the door-
Praise and treats
When cats are free roaming, I start at first with -always have dog on a leash dragging it around the house- it's a mental control thing - and easy to monitor interaction-
Always done at their comfort level watching body lamguage-
Usually the cats head butt the dog and steal their beds!
Dogs steal cat toys so definitely keep an eye out-

I take it all slow and steady
Dogs know commands "leave it" " nice"
The cats head butt the dogs and meow in their faces!
And play with kong dog toys too

I also cross scent- rubbing a hand towel on cats and dogs and leave on each other's beds
I found my Sphynx very dog loving

Last edited:

deesphynxqueen

Lairian
I haven't had much problems with the dogs but definitely the cats beating on each other. the older pink sphynx is now being the aggressor. I'm sure I'll find someone pees on something sometime announcing their annoyance.

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Happy Gotcha Day!!!! Please keep us updated with photos and stories! Hope all are settling in.

deesphynxqueen

Lairian
Well one furbaby is still charging and being cranky. The calico lol. I went and purchased a calming collar for her and calm food. It's day 4. Not expecting miracles yet.