Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Gotcha!!

MissLadyK

Lairian
Hey Hello,

It has happened, I have joined the few and the proud. I got myself a wee man.

Motzart, or Mozy as I have come to call him was a rescue. I found him through the alerts on a rescue site and as soon as his little grumpy faced popped up I applied right away.

He was a male stud 5 yrs old, whose owner stopped breeding and soon just began to hoard her cats. He was kept in a cage. When my application was accepted it was said that he was just neutered, he has urine burns on his legs, his eyes are being treated, as well as his teeth (from being fed only wet food). The place I adopted him through gave me all the medications for free and told me how to treat him. I drove 6hrs to pick him up, and about 7.5 hrs back. Got sick on the way back but it was all worth it. He slept quietly in a crate in the back the whole way I was very surprised.

When we got home I made sure he knew were the litter box was right away, but he was more interested in trying to find a safe place. But, I got him some food, he ate, drank and pooped. And soon enough he was in my lap requesting pets and cuddles, while taking moments to search the place.

He was said to be a grumpy boy, and it would take a while for him to warm up, but that night he crawled under the covers and slept with me all night. He is still a bit scared. If he is under the covers and I move about he tends to groan, if I am up walking about, he will follow me but tends to groan. He tends to be a groaner, but all talk no bite what so ever. I am especially pleased about this because I have to give him eye drops in each eye three times a day, and oral medicine two times a day. Never haven given medicine to a cat before I was sure and prepared to receive groans and scratches. But, only a few groans, a lot of trying to wiggle away but he has never lashed out at me, just complained. Even after he gets away and the medicine is done, he rubs right up against my hand as if nothing happened. Haha. He is in my lap now, keeping warm being a sweet little cuddly man.

Im so happy to have a wee sphynx cat. I promise to treat him well and love him up.

Hopefully I will be able to post up some pictures soon.

Much love,
xoxo
-K

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I'm so happy for you and Mozart, that I'm weepy. Such a great tale. Please post pics soon.

And isn't sleeping with a Sphynx the best?! I love when Max curls up under the covers against my legs. The only issue is we sweat together which causes some extra dirt. heeee. But who cares! Sphynx love is the best. Congrats.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Hello,

It has happened, I have joined the few and the proud. I got myself a wee man.

Motzart, or Mozy as I have come to call him was a rescue. I found him through the alerts on Rescue sphynx, and as soon as his little grumpy faced popped up I applied right away.

He was a male stud 5 yrs old, whose owner stopped breeding and soon just began to hoard her cats. He was kept in a cage. When my application was accepted it was said that he was just neutered, he has urine burns on his legs, his eyes are being treated, as well as his teeth (from being fed only wet food). The place I adopted him through gave me all the medications for free and told me how to treat him. I drove 6hrs to pick him up, and about 7.5 hrs back. Got sick on the way back but it was all worth it. He slept quietly in a crate in the back the whole way I was very surprised.

When we got home I made sure he knew were the litter box was right away, but he was more interested in trying to find a safe place. But, I got him some food, he ate, drank and pooped. And soon enough he was in my lap requesting pets and cuddles, while taking moments to search the place.

He was said to be a grumpy boy, and it would take a while for him to warm up, but that night he crawled under the covers and slept with me all night. He is still a bit scared. If he is under the covers and I move about he tends to groan, if I am up walking about, he will follow me but tends to groan. He tends to be a groaner, but all talk no bite what so ever. I am especially pleased about this because I have to give him eye drops in each eye three times a day, and oral medicine two times a day. Never haven given medicine to a cat before I was sure and prepared to receive groans and scratches. But, only a few groans, a lot of trying to wiggle away but he has never lashed out at me, just complained. Even after he gets away and the medicine is done, he rubs right up against my hand as if nothing happened. Haha. He is in my lap now, keeping warm being a sweet little cuddly man.

Im so happy to have a wee sphynx cat. I promise to treat him well and love him up.

Hopefully I will be able to post up some pictures soon.

Much love,
xoxo
-K
Thats great news! Glad to hear all is going well! :)

Yoda mom

Staff member
@MissLadyK Happy Mozart ,Mozy gotcha!
Bless you for opening your heart and Home filled with the best love and care to this sooo deserving Mozy!
His journey of love begins!
Looking forward to pictures and your journey with us!
He knows he has his forever home as he cuddles in your lap!
So happy for you both :)

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Congratulations with Mozy. He sounds like a cute sweet sphynx.

Mozy, congratulations with your new forever home. You found yourself such a loving and carring mommy!

MissLadyK

Lairian
Presenting the handsome Mozy
20160211_185939.jpg
20160211_185215.jpg

nudieluvr

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Lovely story. Thanks for rescuing him! Looks like he's fitting in great. Sphynx love is so special.

Back