Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

GOTCHA

Gemma1982

Lairian
Picked up Dobby this morning and it's safe to say I'm smitten with him already. He's settled in well and has eaten, drank water yet to use the litter tray.

The lady I picked it up from said he's good at bath time and has been good with her (she had him for 3 months but couldn't keep him so he comes me to at 7 months) she gave me his food which was adult Purina one. Dry food only. Now is this right? Surely he should be on kitten food?

My little boy loves him dearly and in think he will fit in well with our family.

Attachments

• IMG_20181119_111225_939.jpg
    IMG_20181119_111225_939.jpg
    222.9 KB · Views: 35

nudieluvr

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Dobby is so handsome! Sometimes people will transfer their kittens to adult food at 6 months of age. Typically, people wait for the kitten to turn one year to transfer to adult food but, since your cat is already transferred I would wait on changing foods again until your cat is more settled in your house.

Gemma1982

Lairian
Dobby is so handsome! Sometimes people will transfer their kittens to adult food at 6 months of age. Typically, people wait for the kitten to turn one year to transfer to adult food but, since your cat is already transferred I would wait on changing foods again until your cat is more settled in your house.

Thanks i wasn't wanting to change just wanted to make sure it was okay. Would hate to follow something that was going to put my lil baby at risk.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Gemma1982 Happy Dobby Gotcha Day!
I bet your son was Sooo excited and surprised! How special to grow up with Sphynx love .
Surely an incredible magically bond to grow together

You can give a call to your vet and ask so it keeping him on the food at his age .
Many prefer to keep on same food and litter as previous home to keep things the same , feed what works .. If he has no skin or poo issues with the food that is huge ! I tend to feed west works and not upset the apple cart so to speak .

( on a side note -have dry food addicts- I gave up on fountains that needed cleaning all parts taken apart every 3 days pump oieces soaked amd all ..they get unseen slimey quickly )

I discovered mine drink ,more water if I put thr water dish about 5 feet away from their foods dishes ) I share this in case he doesn't eat wet food .

((Hugs ))) to you for or opening your heart amd home to handsome Dobby boy!
Look forward to lots of pics amd tales with your journey with us! Happy gotcha!

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Happy gotcha day! What a handsome cutie Dobby is. Can imagine you're smitten with him.

My girl Foxy is 6 months old and neutered two weeks ago. The vet adviced me to transfer to adult food now Foxy is 6 months and neutered. So I think adult food for Dobby will be good to (but always good to ask a vet!).

Condo commando

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Ehhhh....if you can give him some canned food that is better for him than all kibble. I would suggest at least a 3 ounce can in the morning. Or sometimes the price difference to go to a 5.5 ounce is not that much, so you could do a 5.5 ounce can per day and split it between morning and night. You can still give him kibble in between.

I don't think kitten or adult foods matter that much. The difference I have seen is where there is a kitten option, it has a littler higher protein and lower carbs than the adult food. However, "premium" food brands come in just one recipe which is for all ages, but they have higher protein and lower carbs for everybody.

Back