Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Grain free "pulses " in dog food and heart disease study

Yoda mom

Staff member
many of you know I feed what works for my crew - currently grain inclusive -
Fed grain free before and I always wondered what all the "grain free" pulses would do over time , what studies were out there .

I have fed many of the high end grain free foods to dogs and cats and always came back to grain inclusive old school - honestly saw better results with my crew - skin and bumm -
Now just feed and go

I found this interesting FDA article relating to dogs and grain free foods and heart disease

Just wanted to share

FDA Investigating Potential Connection Between Diet and Cases of Canine Heart Disease

Wonder if there is a cat study ?

admin

Administrator
Staff member
many of you know I feed what works for my crew - currently grain inclusive -
Fed grain free before and I always wondered what all the "grain free" pulses would do over time , what studies were out there .

I have fed many of the high end grain free foods to dogs and cats and always came back to grain inclusive old school - honestly saw better results with my crew - skin and bumm -
Now just feed and go

I found this interesting FDA article relating to dogs and grain free foods and heart disease

Just wanted to share

FDA Investigating Potential Connection Between Diet and Cases of Canine Heart Disease

Wonder if there is a cat study ?
Good info - I wonder the same. :)

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Thanks for posting this. I am totally not surprised. From a nutritional standpoint, replacing certain easier to digest grains with harder to digest vegetables, is pretty hard on a system. I know that this subject is somewhat contentious, and I know some of you are aware that I feel a biological appropriate diet is very important.

Just as is the case with human dietary fads and propaganda, pet food is also marketed under the same sorts of "fads and propaganda". Anyway, I could probably go on and on far more than I should on this subject.

Bottom line, thank you for posting this. It's great information.

Back