Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Great home needed for my brother-sister pair-Austin area

Status
Not open for further replies.

wthoms

Lairian
After six years of much love with our brother-sister duo, we have to re-home them.

My husband lost his job and we sold our house and are unable to move them into our rental. They have never been separated, so they must stay together. The male is beyond snuggly and wants to be cuddled all day and night. The female is the explorer and loves to play. We are in the Austin area. If you would like more information and pictures, please message me.

Since we want to rehome them together, we would rehome without a fee to an approved home.

The cats are six years old, and came from the same litter.
Kwazii (male) was born with a bad eye, but has always done just fine. We just clean it regularly.
Kwazii had a full check up, including stool sample, bloodwork, etc., this week and was treated for a urinary tract infection with a shot and has done great.
He walks with a limp due to an immune disorder causing a cracked paw. But the vet assures me it can be quite common with cats.
But all this is why my son picked him. He is a little special, but he is also the most loving.

Sofia is perfectly healthy and loves to play, she would make an excellent playmate and Kwazii is the old soul who snuggles hard and gives great hugs. He sleeps with me all night and never moves.

No rehoming fee to approved home
They must stay together

Thanks!

Attachments

• cats.jpg
    cats.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 310
  • cat2.jpg
    cat2.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 330
  • cat3.jpg
    cat3.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 314
  • cat4.jpg
    cat4.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 249
Last edited by a moderator:

Yoda mom

Staff member
@wthoms (((Hugs))) for your heartfelt decision
You have come to the right community of caring Sphynx lovers to find a purrfect home
Stay positive - I adopted a bomded littermate pair from a member we stay in touch for years -
We all come together here

Sending positive vibes your way

Last edited:

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Sorry to hear you need to rehome your babies. Must be very difficult for you. Hope you find a good and loving home for them

Yoda mom

Staff member
@wthoms ,

Kwazi and Sofia are precious together
Head smooches sent

All paws crossed for a forever home together .
I have no doubt you will receive PM's for interviews for the perfect home.

Please keep us updated often
My thoughts to you and yours ((hugs)))

Monica

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
@wthoms are you a member of Texas Sphynx Talk on FB? It’s a moderately small, closed group for TX sphynx lovers/owners. If you are, you may want to post this there! If you aren’t, I could post it for you if you would like?

Both moderators are very responsible breeders in the Austin and Dallas areas (unrelated/separate businesses). They don’t use the group to sell or market their own kittens at all, only to aid, educate, and spread the love to others. I’m sure you would find a great forever home for your cats there! Hope this helps!

Oh! Before anything, I need to ask, did your breeder’s contract require you to contact them before you rehome? I know both the ladies in that FB group have something of that nature written in their contracts, so they will most likely ask this. It could also be another option to contact you breeder, even if you aren’t required to. They may know of people looking to adopt older cats from their cattery.

Last edited:

KarliLuvsSphynx

Lairian
Hi, I live in Illinois so getting out to Texas might be a bit of a struggle, but if there is a way you could help me out, and I had some time to make travel arrangements, it might be possible. My 18 year old Sphynx cat Gidgit passed away in March, and my other Sphynx Tank and I miss her horribly.
I have been looking the last two months to rescue a Sphynx but nothing has worked out yet.
I would of course take your babies as a pair, and I love that cute Quasii has a unique, handsome little face! I used to have a dog with that same eye problem, I named him Wink!
If you cannot find a home for them in the Texas area, I would love to talk with you and see if it could be arranged for me to adopt them.
Best of luck to you and your babies!

Po213

Lairian
After six years of much love with our brother-sister duo, we have to re-home them.

My husband lost his job and we sold our house and are unable to move them into our rental. They have never been separated, so they must stay together. The male is beyond snuggly and wants to be cuddled all day and night. The female is the explorer and loves to play. We are in the Austin area. If you would like more information and pictures, please message me.

Since we want to rehome them together, we would rehome without a fee to an approved home.

The cats are six years old, and came from the same litter.
Kwazii (male) was born with a bad eye, but has always done just fine. We just clean it regularly.
Kwazii had a full check up, including stool sample, bloodwork, etc., this week and was treated for a urinary tract infection with a shot and has done great.
He walks with a limp due to an immune disorder causing a cracked paw. But the vet assures me it can be quite common with cats.
But all this is why my son picked him. He is a little special, but he is also the most loving.

Sofia is perfectly healthy and loves to play, she would make an excellent playmate and Kwazii is the old soul who snuggles hard and gives great hugs. He sleeps with me all night and never moves.

No rehoming fee to approved home
They must stay together

Thanks!
Hi! I live in northwest louisiana! We have been looking for a cat or two. Id love the chance to adopt your pair! Please let me know what i can tell you about me and my family! Thank you lisa smith

Condo commando

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@wthoms Hugs to you on making such a heartfelt decision and best wishes in finding a forever home for Kwazii and Sofia. The best thing you can do is insist that they go to the same home since that will make the transition much easier for them if they have each other.

I would ask any potential adopters about pet rules where they live to make sure it's not going to be against the the rules.

You may want to consider out of state adopters but don't ship the kitties; have the person pick them up where you are. Since there's no adoption fee, they can instead pay for the trip. I've learned the hard way that when people don't have to spend anything at all, they don't value what they get. And these 2 Sphynxes need to be valued and loved.

Lulu

Lairian
Are they still available for adoption? I live in New England. I currently have a female sphynx that needs some companionship. Ive owned a sphynx for over 5 years.

StacyD

Lairian
I adopted our sphynx here almost one year ago. The owner did say that she spoke w/some folks she was suspicious of, her thought being they actually intended to resell (I have no way of knowing if this was actually the case). So w/out a rehoming fee, I agree that the trip to you is not unreasonable & would perhaps weed out those with ill intentions.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@wthoms , please keep us updated

let us know if they found a forever home or if you are still taking interviews

((Hugs))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back