Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Great news!! (And only 4 more days!!!)

rainonlens

Lairian
Great news, everyone!!

(Quick backgroud: one of our cats got a bad scratch on her eye about 3 weeks ago. Breeder took her to vets, got meds. Things are clearing up and the vet said she's looking good, though there might be a little cloudiness there. Worst case scenario is her depth perception might be a tad off, but the breeder has assured me she's been acting totally fine. We were feeling a little weird about what to do regarding cost/time/who's responsibility it would be, etc.)

I finally had to cross that uncomfortable line with our breeder to discuss what would happen if we bring our girl home and she has ongoing issues with her eye. Luckily, my guts were right, and our breeder has been wonderful!!

First, she said the vet gave her the OK to fly and checked her eye one last time. Some cloudiness, but that was expected. Everything else looks great! She also said that if our girl comes home and has more vet bills as a result of her eye, she would cover them no problem. Fantastic. We said it out loud and that's all I needed to settle my brain.

Then, we spoke more about it and she wanted to know if I would rather chose a new kitten from one of her next litters. This was surprising to me, and though very kind, we have our hearts set on our girl and nothing will change that. I don't care if she's blind and hairy, she's coming home with us!! :BigSmile:

She replied and thanked us again for being so relaxed about it all (if she only knew what was going on in my brain!! :Dizzy:) and that most other customers would have freaked out. I can't believe how crazy some people get! Anyways, she said as a major thank you that we would keep our final payment (we've been paying for them in chunks since January.) I was thrilled and told her that if she was willing to let us keep the final payment (pretty substantial) then, in the off chance something is wrong, we would take over the vet costs from here.

I feel so good about everything!! I was so afraid that this wonderful, happy experience was going to be tarnished with stressful crap. Luckily, all is well and those babies are coming home Sunday!!! WOOHOOOOO!!!!!:Laugh::Laugh::Laugh:

These are our newest pictures from the breeder! I can't believe how red our boy is. How on earth am I going to keep myself sane for 4 more days?!?!?! I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

Also, we do have names chosen, but we don't want to jinx them. We want to see them face to face to know for sure.

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Those are beautiful kittens! I am so glad you feel better, and kudos to your breeder! My borzoi has a cloudy eye from the same sort of injury when he was a pup, every now and then he gets a runny eye and has to put antibiotic gel in it, but it's very minimal effort, and really if his breeder had not told me, I would never see it.

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian

That is great that the breeder cares.
You need to take pics when you get them.
I know how you feel waiting the last 4 days.
You want it to go by fast.
Both cats are pretty.
BTW I have a few cats no one would have wanted because of their problems.
My Meeko almost died before I got her and I still took her knowing she has a heart murmur ect.
She will be 10 in a few weeks and we found that out when she was 3 months old.

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
You found an excellent breeder, but more importantly, I think she now knows she has found a very capable and loving home for one of her kittens. Sometimes awkward conversations are the best way to feel better about something. Sounds like a perfect breeder-buyer fit.

Hopefully the next four days will pass quickly. The wait is going to be worth it!

rainonlens

Lairian
Thanks, everybody!! We are FREAKING OUT over here with excitement.

Man, I was so stressed about the whole damn thing. Whether she was actually ok, whether I was getting the whole story (you know how easy it is to read things wrong through email!) and all around I was just bummed that something negative was attaching itself to such a positive situation.

Luckily, through kind words and total honesty, not only did everything work out, but our breeder got to gush all over us about how happy she was to be giving us these babies! In turn, we got to thank her a million times for being so wonderful and trusting us with these precious little souls!!! It was an all around love-fest...doesn't get much better than that!

There will be a million pictures!! Promise!! :BigSmile:

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Awe, i'm so glad things worked out for you!!!! :) i remember you being upset over it originally. Youre babies are BEAUTIFUL!

our kitty was sick too (GI issues) and after months of vet's/medicine, etc throughout all of which we kept in contact w/ our breeder, she felt horrible. She offered us a new kitten and if we wanted to return bronxe. we, obviously (like you) declined bc LOVED our baby already. In turn, she had offered us a new kitten for 1/2 the price because she feels so bad. THATS when you know you have a good breeder! when they really love and care about their off springs.

So glad it all worked out for you!!

Congratulations!! Gorgeous babies! I see you are in Ontario. What airport are they flying in to? I just picked my kitten from Toronto Int'l a week ago Monday. It was an experience to say the least. I too had a great breeder and I couldn't be happier! I am so excited for you! The homecoming is so exciting!!!!!!!! I couldn't sleep the night before and thought I was going to throw up with nerves the day of her arrival.

rainonlens

Lairian
Congratulations!! Gorgeous babies! I see you are in Ontario. What airport are they flying in to? I just picked my kitten from Toronto Int'l a week ago Monday. It was an experience to say the least. I too had a great breeder and I couldn't be happier! I am so excited for you! The homecoming is so exciting!!!!!!!! I couldn't sleep the night before and thought I was going to throw up with nerves the day of her arrival.

We're just outside f Toronto and our breeder is in a remote town up north. I was hoping we could have them fly into the small airport near our home, but the small airport on the breeders end only sends to Pearson (Toronto Intl.)

I read your story about the shipping last week and was secretly hoping to myself it wasn't Pearson. Ha! Seriously...that place can't do anything right! I'm hoping this will go without a hitch, but eeeeeek. I'm pretty nervous. Until those cats are in our arms, I think I'm going to be a total maniac.

I'm thinking if I have our breeders phone # on hand, we should be ok? :Sweat: I hope so.

Thanks for the well wishing, everyone!!! 3 more days!!!! :Laugh:

rainonlens

Lairian
So...just got the flight details...

Unfortunately they'll have to fly Monday instead of Sunday. Bummer...but it's only one more day. (I think I'll be repeating that to myself until they're here!)

It's only a two hour flight and they'll be in the crate together. Our breeder just sent me an email saying she was so sad to see them go, but was thrilled that they get to stick together.

Brother and sister, a killer team!

3 more days!

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian

I know how you feel with the flight being changed.
The breeder called off sending Cleo twice because he did not like the temps.
So I got her 7 days after we had planned.
The closer it gets the more excited you will be.

Marnasobsession

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Congrats! So glad things have worked out. I had a bro/sis pair that I rescued. They both lost 1 eye and the male had only partial vision in his good one. This did not slow them down at all! Jack(RIP) has since passed but Maizie is still going strong and my heart kitty! Here is a pic of Maizie

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
So...just got the flight details...

Unfortunately they'll have to fly Monday instead of Sunday. Bummer...but it's only one more day. (I think I'll be repeating that to myself until they're here!)

It's only a two hour flight and they'll be in the crate together. Our breeder just sent me an email saying she was so sad to see them go, but was thrilled that they get to stick together.

Brother and sister, a killer team!

3 more days!

You can do it!

ckutkuhn7

Banned
I'm glad you had "the talk" with your breeder and all is well. Sorry the flight is delayed by a day but atleast its just a day and not something crazy like a week or so! I can't wait to see more pix and hope everything goes smoothly from her! Congrats again!!

Back