Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Greetings Fellow Sphynx Lovers!

IsisDot

Lairian
Hello there. I am new to this forum and I am excited to hear about all things Sphynx. I got my little girl in June (she was born in March) and I fall more and more in love with her every day. I got my first pet (of my very own) when I was 16. I was deeply depressed and dealing with a lot of loss at the time and having an animal companion literally saved my life. I have always felt a connection with animals, especially cats. Having Chloe around showed me how wonderful the love of an animal can be. So, I began paying more attention to cats and thinking about what I would do when I lost Chloe. I decided I would want another cat around so the loss wouldn't be so hard.
In the past few years, I have been able to make more money and so I began to think about the possibility of owning (or being owned by) a Sphynx cat. I have always been fascinated by the breed and dreamed of having one, but I never thought I could actually have one. I did a lot (and I mean a LOT) of research on breeders (had some bad experiences, but also some good) and found the perfect one for me.
Chloe is now 11 years old and doing well. It has been difficult for her to adjust to having a kitten around (she was never exposed to other animals before), but after a few months, the girls are doing great and playing with each other constantly. Isis is truly a joy to have around. She makes little noises that sound like a bird/dinosaur combination and she has the personality of a bird dog. Whenever I am sitting down, she is in my lap. Whenever I lean down to pick something up, she is on my shoulder like a loyal parrot.
Anyway, I have been rambling. I joined this forum to get important information about health issues, but also to hear other people's stories and see their pictures of their babies. Since I got Isis, she has had problems with diarrhea. She tested negative for Giardia or any other issue (like worms, etc.), but obviously there is still a problem. She is on a grain free diet per her breeder, but I wonder if the food is making her sick. Any thoughts?

firehillqueen

Banned
Isisdot,

Welcome to this wonderful place to learn more about our favorite breed of cat, the sphynx.

My year old male Cadeau is STILL suffering from cronic dirarreah. He has been on meds now for so long and nothing seems to slow down this terrible thing. He can not go to shows, he can no longer go for walks on his leash and car rides ( which he dearly loves )

Gizmo's mom
thank you so much for the link to Tritrichomonas foetus infection. I have printed the informtation out and will take this to my vet to ask if this is something he has tested Cadeau for.

Isis mon,
I hope your kitty clears up soon.

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Welcome to Sphynx Lair. I'm glad you treated yourself to a Sphynx. Isis sounds like a charmer. If Isis is eating the same food as her breeder fed her, you could look to see if the formulation has changed. Also some grain free foods are a little high in fruits and veggies causing too much fiber for for some cats delicate GI tracts. You may have to do some comparison shopping. And Gizmo's link may be the key to her troubles as well. Good luck.

gizmo6370

Banned
Gizmo's mom
thank you so much for the link to Tritrichomonas foetus infection. I have printed the informtation out and will take this to my vet to ask if this is something he has tested Cadeau for.

It's gizmo6370 :Smile:
Let's hope that Cadeau's and Isis problems will be solved....if the vet has tested for this...do it again....Tritrichomonas parasite's are pretty good at hiding....

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Welcome to the lair IsisDot. You came to the right place for info. Chronic diarrhea, GI upsets, and parasites are all well-discussed topics here.

tessblack

Banned
Welcome, great story. Happy you got to be owned by a sphynx. These are my first two and I am so in love with these little creatures is is not even funny. When things are really going bad I just hang with them and cuddle them and feel so much better. Great that you found this site it is wonderful. I have not had much issue with that but Twitch did have some diarrhea at first but I changed there food to the Blue Buffalo wilderness and they have been fine ever since.

susi794

Staff member
Welcome to the Lair IsisDot. Looking forward to getting to know you better.
Susi and the gang

Back