Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Greetings from NY

Frunkinator

Lairian
Hello all, I am new to the lair but sadly still not owned by a sphynx.
I have always been a fan of sphynx cats since I can remember and always had hopes of getting one.
Finally the time has come... My wife and I recently bought our first house.
We have one cat currently who is the sweetest little boy. And we have to cats my wife feeds that live outside (they came with the house). Who despite my wifes numerous attempts, refuse to come in. The old owners told us they will never step inside and never let you get close to them, but asked that we feed them. And as promised, they wait for us at our door step everyday but won't let us get close enough to pet.
Anyway, hoping to be a new sphynx owner soon. And loving all the great info on the website!

-Frunkinator:Laugh:

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Frunkinator and welcome to Sphynxlair! Good luck on your search! Please enjoy the site, plenty of information here!:ThumbsUp:

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Welcome to the lair Frunkinator. It's wonderful that you're taking care of the outdoor kitties. I hope you find your sphynx soon.

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Welcome to Sphynx Lair. Thank you for looking out for the feral kitties. I'm sure they appreciate your kindness. Perhaps one day they may show their gratitude. I with you the best of luck in finding your Sphynx.

susi794

Staff member
Welcome to the Lair--we're so glad you've joined us and I'm sure you'll find your sphynx soon. Thanks especially for feeding the feral cats--God knows they need someone who cares about them. Too bad you can't capture them and get them neutered/spayed so they don't make more feral souls.

tessblack

Banned
Welcome to the Lair. You will like this place.
Great to hear that a sphynx may be coming your way soon. Great that you are feeding those guys. My friends in Atlanta have 5 that come to there house, they have some woods behind there property. They built them a heated cat house and feed them. They trapped them all and took them and got them spayed and now the Mom has made her way into the house and is doing well. They are still very skiddish and some still will not let them get too close.
Again, welcome.

Frunkinator

Lairian
Thank you for all the wonderful hello's.
I just wanted to put you at ease. The old owner of the house did in fact capture the female and have her fixed. Thankfully... No more ferels.
The heated hut is not a bad idea. Definetely something to think about making.
To all those who celebrate, have a great Xmas. :)

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Welcome and Merry Christmas! It's great to hear you are helping the feral cats. Good luck in your sphynx search:BigSmile:

Gizzymom

Banned
Wecome to the Lair!! What a wonderful person you are to take over the responsibility of ferals!! Happy Holidays!:Laugh:

brnsugarbaybie

Lairian
I live in NY also , and I'm feeding a family that lives outside of my work place. I've been told that I should not. But I've been doing it for years to nobodys determent. welcome

bellasmom

Banned
Welcome and Merry Christmas! I also have an outdoor kitty. I started feeding her when I moved in July and she sleeps outside on our patio chairs. Our apartment complex is FULL of ferals its pretty bad but Mary (thats what I named her) has become pretty tame and will let me pet her, but she still wont come inside though and my cats try and play with her through the sliding glass door. Welcome again I am new too and love this site!:BigSmile:

loesje

Lairian
Hi, I hope a sphynx kitty will find you soon!!
Happy holidays