Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

grieving my baby

mztude

Lairian
Ive been a Sphynx mama since March16, 2013 when my angel baby Pharaoh was born...... He was an absolute joy in my life and everyone that met him...... I first fell in love with the breed when I saw Mr. Bigglesworth(Dr. Evils cat) in the Austin Powers movie...... I finally was able to save for one and got my Pharaoh. ....He came into a home with 2 dogs, 1 parrot and one other cat.....Fast forward a year and 2 months later.... Pharaoh had always been happy and healthy..... He got along with everyone and even was a therapy cat at the nursing home I worked for....Then in the afternoon on July 10th, something changed.... He started not feeling well and sleeping more and not moving around alot.... I thought maybe he ate something that didnt agree with him so I just watched him.... Next day he appeared to be doing better ,came out to see everybody and walked around a bit... I thought he was feeling better.... Next day , July 12th,I went to work and around 1:30 p.m. my dadaughter called me and said he wasnt breathing.... I RACED home.... When I got there, he was in his bed and he wasnt breathing. .... he was gone, my baby was gone..... I was so hysterical I couldn't do anything but hold him, for 2 hours, and cry..... My sister in law came over and offered to take him up to Idywild and bury him next to her bulldog. ... I agreed and so I got him ready, wrapped him in his favorite blanket and gave him his favorite toy and placed him in his bed.... and said goodbye. ... Its not fair, he was just a baby.... Im having a really hard time with this...... :-(

cleozmama

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I am so sorry for the loss of your darling Pharaoh. My Cleopatrick died very suddenly too, after a trip to the emergency vet. (I think the e. vet was inexperienced with Sphynx.) The vet tech at my regular vet said they were too busy to see him that morning (I still blame her!). I wish I hadn't called first &had just taken him in. Anyway, my Cleo died lying on the bed right next to me less than an hour after we got home. I frantically gave him mouth-to-mouth for more than a half hour. I was devastated! It still hurts 8 years later. He was THAT SPECIAL.

My thoughts are with you!

mztude

Lairian
Iunderstand s so sorry for the loss of your darling Pharaoh. My Cleopatrick died very suddenly too, after a trip to the emergency vet. (I think the e. vet was inexperienced with Sphynx.) The vet tech at my regular vet said they were too busy to see him that morning (I still blame her!). I wish I hadn't called first &had just taken him in. Anyway, my Cleo died lying on the bed right next to me less than an hour after we got home. I frantically gave him mouth-to-mouth for more than a half hour. I was devastated! It still hurts 8 years later. He was THAT SPECIAL.

My thoughts are with you!
Thank you for your story and im so sorry for your loss...... I have felt like no one understands the pain I feel and how I just cant get over it..... He was more than an animal to me, he was my son, one of my kids... I dont think I will ever get over the pain of losing him.... My heart is broken. .... :-(

MollysMom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I can only imagine how you must feel... so sorry that you have lost your little one. I know that I will have a terrible time when ours pass away, whenever that may be. They are literally our babies. We have no children and treat our 2 sphynx like they are our kids.

Know that everyone is here for you, and understands how deeply you loved your baby. I hope that you find some comfort and peace soon. My heart goes out to you.

Jebsmom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'm so sorry for your loss. I cant imagine your pain,but I know it's one of my worst fears.....these guys just grab ahold of your heart so deeply.

mztude

Lairian
I can only imagine how you must feel... so sorry that you have lost your little one. I know that I will have a terrible time when ours pass away, whenever that may be. They are literally our babies. We have no children and treat our 2 sphynx like they are our kids.

Know that everyone is here for you, and understands how deeply you loved your baby. I hope that you find some comfort and peace soon. My heart goes out to you.

Thank you for your kind words.... I appreciate it!!! :)

mztude

Lairian
I'm so sorry for your loss. I cant imagine your pain,but I know it's one of my worst fears.....these guys just grab ahold of your heart so deeply.
Thank you!!! They are not normal animals.... They are soo much more..... I believe they touch everyone they come in contact with....

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. You have come to the right place for extra support. We all understand these babies are much more than pets. They are family and wiggle their way into our hearts with ease.

Patti

mztude

Lairian
[QUOTreally Catzzzmeow, post: 341601, member: 1753"]I am so sorry to hear of your loss. You have come to the right place for extra support. We all understand these babies are much more than pets. They are family and wiggle their way into our hearts with ease.

Patti[/QUOTE]
I am really happy to have found this site... Everyone is soooo nice and its nice to know I dont have to grieve alone... Thank you from the bottom of my heart!!!! :)

Yoda mom

Staff member
@mztude, I am so so sorry for your heartache and the loss of your Pharaoh- we are all here for you with big ((hugs)) and understanding - Pharaoh is at the bridge with our babies flying free and high watching down over you- knowing he is forever and ever in your heart- I know from the bottom of my heart the inconsolable feeling and still cry to myself for my ^Yoda cat^ I lost suddenly too. I think it's the unexpected shock that rattles our souls - I truly believe they just "change worlds" . I look at her picture and am thankful for having shared the best of times with her.
I found such comforting friends here at Lair- we share the smiles and the tears together of our babies' journeys -
We are here for you.. You are part of the Lair family always..
(I took my babies passing hard too - I still find myself frm time to time with a cup of coffee reading the poems at the "pet loss matters " website . I made a photo mug and memory clock at Walgreens from my avatar picture and wear a Sphynx pendant in her memory her honor. )

The bridge has a very special Pharoah angel who is forever engraved in your heart-
Fly free and high Pharaoh - you are loved forever

Marinka

Lairian
This made me cry. Im so very sorry for your loss. My pets are like my babies too. My heart aches for you. I hope soon enough you will feel no pain but love and happiness in thinking that you gave him the best year of his life. Hugs to you!

1sphynxlover

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
My heart goes out to you. Thoughts and prayers sent your way to find peace. I can just imagine the heartbreak you are feeling. Pharoah will live forever in your heart and memories. Just know your not alone, we are all here for you. If you ever need someone to reach out to, I'm here, just PM me anytime, I'll be there for you.

Kyla L

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I am so sorry for your loss. He will live on in your heart and memories forever. You have my deepest sympathies.

Hairless Blessing

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Bless your heart. Such, a hurt to go through. My heart, breaks for you.
I, will pray, for the Lord to comfort you, like, only he can.
Good to have you here, just, sad, it has to be, because of your loss.

mztude

Lairian
I want to thank all of you for your kind words and support!!!! Your outpouring of love means every thing to me and I cant thank all of you enough!!! God bless all of you and your hairless babies!!!! :)

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
@miztude just remember when you are having a tough day, you always have us to turn to. Once a Sphynx enters your heart it never leaves. That also means that when the time is right you will probably begin a journey for another baby. Don't feel guilty if this happens fast. Your Pharaoh will guide you along the way. They would want another baby to be loved completely just like they were.

Patti

mztude

Lairian
@miztude just remember when you are having a tough day, you always have us to turn to. Once a Sphynx enters your heart it never leaves. That also means that when the time is right you will probably begin a journey for another baby. Don't feel guilty if this happens fast. Your Pharaoh will guide you along the way. They would want another baby to be loved completely just like they were.

Patti
Thank you for your support. It means alot.... I am looking for another baby, not to replace my Pharaoh, but to help my heart heal..... Since he was in my life, I've realized ,I cant ,not , have a sphynx... I think I will always need one in my life..... I feel so empty without him... He was such a big part of mine and my families lives....... He was always with me... If I wasnt carrying him on my shoulder, my girls were holding him or he was cuddled up on someone's lap , under a blanket or he was following us around the house.... He was always with us and now he's not and it's extremely hard on me.... I need that again..

susi794

Staff member
Me too...I'm sure he is in Heaven telling the angels what a great family he had. And that kind of love shouldn't be wasted.

Back