Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Grooming

Melonie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Does anyone get their sphynx groomed by a groomer? My one cat just drives me nuts how dirty he is. I bathe him often but thought a good scrubbing by a professional would be nice once in a while. Do you think people are going to think I am nuts when I asked to get my hairless cat groomed?

Melonie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I plan on calling around on Tuesday LOL I thought about just taking him in and saying can you give this a bath? LOL

Fester

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I take 5e to a groomer to get his nails clipped -- If they aren't clipped, I swear he has a paw-full of razors.

I'm not so good at the 'immobilize the cat, but in a non-traumatic way' game that is needed to keep nails trimmed. so the groomer is the best option for me

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Never have taken Butternuts to the groomer. But one day I took him to Petsmart and one of the groomers saw him and told me to bring him back and she'd clean out his ears. I decided to go back and see what they would charge to clip and clean. I can't remember why but for some reason they couldn't tell me how much it would cost. The groomer graciously cleaned his ears though. His ears haven't been that clean since.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
I take 5e to a groomer to get his nails clipped -- If they aren't clipped, I swear he has a paw-full of razors.

I'm not so good at the 'immobilize the cat, but in a non-traumatic way' game that is needed to keep nails trimmed. so the groomer is the best option for me

Snuffie doesn't like her nails clipped either so I started clipping them when shes in a nice deep sleep, works wonders!!

Melonie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I know Petco will not see cats at all. I haven't had a chance to call anyone yet. I trim all my cat's nails myself. Even the naughty one that I have to scruff, hold the paw and trim by myself! My vet also offeres free nail trims if I want but I don't feel like driving out there, (its pretty far from my house) for a toe nail trim.

Inferno12

Banned
I take Johnny to visit this little pet store here in town and there is a groomer there that tells me all the time that she used to groom Sphynx. She was a mobile groomer and she used to go to a ladies house and clean her Sphynx once a week so its not that uncommon!

Melonie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Ben goes in on Tuesday! I called a vet's office I used to work for, and the lady owns Cresties so she said she understood about being oily. This is the first time he has been to the vet since I got him. I am nervous about heart issues. He is very mellow and laid back compaired to my other cats. He rarely "plays". He is almost always on me or hiding somewhere. The lady I got him from could not produce his vaccine record for me so he has to get new shots to be groomed.

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Never taken Mo to a groomers, but have thought about it. There is a good one in town but I'm not sure that they will of ever seen a sphynx before, they aren't very well known cats round here. Mo is probably the only one for miles! I don't mind cleaning his ears or clipping his nails because he's very good at keeping still fo me, but I hate nail cleaning! It seems to take so long and they get so grubby so fast don't they!

Back