Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Guess what?

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Since we got back from vacation we where thinking Athena was pregnant but never saw it happen, was not sure if it was faulse or not. well the other day I told my husband I was going to have A X-ray done soon...
To late at 6am she had A baby on our bed of course so I am sitting waiting with her for more. I hate not knowing how many:Sweat: It's going to be A long day.

susi794

Staff member
Must be something in the air! Lots of holiday babies. Congrats! Keep us posted.

I am on my way to the vet with Othie Marie--she has a nasty cough and started spitting up some phlegm this morning. Hoping the vet will give me enough to treat everybody, so it doesn't just wreak hovoc with my whole crew!

Brooke

Banned
Since we got back from vacation we where thinking Athena was pregnant but never saw it happen, was not sure if it was faulse or not. well the other day I told my husband I was going to have A X-ray done soon...
To late at 6am she had A baby on our bed of course so I am sitting waiting with her for more. I hate not knowing how many:Sweat: It's going to be A long day.

Wow!! Congratulations!! SURPRISE!! :Celebrate:

Well? Boy or girl? What color?? We need details, woman!!!!!!! :Laugh:

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
A girl black and white. I will take pics in A bit as soon as my son comes up to relive me for A min. We always stay with her why I have no idea but she freeks out when we leave.
I have the heat on like 100 and A portable heater in my room :Sweat:.
Admin had to go to work:Cry: so I am on my own today, you all are my support group :Laugh:

PitRottMommy

Banned
7 &1/2 hours later we now have #2 another girl i'm going with a tortie

I hope that all is going well with mom, Ilovemysphynx.

I'm truly concerned about her having waiting for 7.5 hours to produce the next kitten. Normal labor does not grace more than 2 hours between each kitten, given there are no signs of strong labor between each kitten. There should be no more than 4 hours of rest between each kitten in normal labor, either. I surprised this 7.5 hour kitten survived.

I don't want to jinx any further breeding you guys do, but the chances of increased problems with continual litters goes up each time.

Here's are two articles regarding normal and abnormal labor, so you guys know what to look out if this happens again:

http://www.vetmed.lsu.edu/eiltslotus/Theriogenology-5361/feline_pastuition.htm

http://www.petplace.com/cats/dystocia-difficult-birth-in-cats/page1.aspx

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
I have my vet on hand the entire time. God love the man. This time I had no x-ray:Hysterical: so I had no idea how many she was going to have. She always goes long between babies but is never in any distress, she just lays around and takes care of the baby or babies that are out. after she starts pushing they are out quick.

I slept on the wood floor in her room last night:Worn-out: just to make sure that she wasn't going to have anymore. So the final # is 2.

They are doing well eating and Athena is taking good care of them. I am soooo tired, and while I was in the bedroom with Athena all day yesterday you should see what the kids did to my house:Hysterical: or didn't do I should say. Oh well it was all worth it.

Last edited:
Back