Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

guilty pleasure snacks

ameliabalcom

Lairian
question: what snack does your sphynx love that it probably wasnt suppose to get a hold of but now wants to share with you whenever u eat it ?

story below for context , pictures for tax

hello! so when I was little my family had an outdoor / indoor on occasion cat (raised since a kitten) stewie. he was a real scrapper and preffered outside but on some nights hed stay in, specifically, if we had ordered chinese. he loved chinese boneless spare ribs like, would sit under the livingroom table and paw them off from underneath. if you left the box unattended hed eat them all.

I figured a sphynx would be no different, there must be one person food they shouldnt have but they love wether its a little icecream off the spoon or a noodle etc as long as its not toxic and only once in a while as obviously we shouldnt encourage them to want human junk food.

well normas always come up to us to check out mine and my boyfriends food, sniffs around it but is never interested in eating it and usually walks away to go eat her stuff. but tonight we ordered from a special burger place by me im a vegan and my bf is not si theres stuff for both of us

WELL norma was going all around my food (she couldnt reach his) sniffing around meowing but not wanting any she finally jumped up onto the table and put her little weird hand right on his burger and tried to take it! we were both shocked and amused and figured she didnt really want it like usual and was just curious so we let her sniff and she tried to chomp away. we gave her a little tiny fingernail sized piece of bun to see if thats what she wanted and she ate it super fast and was meowing and jumping on the table trying to get his remaining burger out of the bag i was like what hasnt she seen yet that she is absolutely bugging over hes gotten burgers around her shes seen frys shes seen milkshakes then it hit me BACON. i opened the box and gave her a teeny tiny little bit and she ate it with thee most satisfaction and then trotted off to nap. aparently norma LOVES bacon. almost never would have realized bc usually shes sniffing disinterestedly around my stupid vegan food but tonight she saw the real goods, the glory that is bacon lol.

Attachments

ameliabalcom

Lairian
also sphynx seem so much more fragile to me can they have ppl food like a regular cat can or does it mess with them?

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Bacon is everything. It is a food group unto itself. ha ha.

Max doesn't care for human food, but Hubby sneaks a little bit of his lactose free cheese to Min, who always recognizes the sound of the package and comes running.

Anansi

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Haha definitely bacon, but only from my dinner we sometimes order it at cafes and he won't touch it haha
Icecream he'll pull the spoon towards his mouth and try to steal it haha
And also fried chicken he loves love's love's it and will just inch closer and closer and hope I'll give him a little haha

Sheldon13

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
That’s such s funny story! Ellie never really messes with my food but I have to admit, I have caught her licking bacon grease off my plate a couple of times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yoda mom

Staff member
Just be sure to check with your vet or online search of the guilty pleasures to see if harmful for kitties ( ex : grapes can cause kidney failure in dogs )

@Zab ** be careful with pizza - years ago I almost put my dog to sleep thinking he had bloated .
Turns out he ate pizza crust and got pizza dough toxicity ! Had had a little pizza crust as a snack for 12 years no issues - was the first time ever I had a pet with a near lethal reaction .
The dough swelled in his intestines .

Bacon lol I can't remember the last time I had bacon! U guys are making me hungry for some guilty pleasures myself!