Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Gummi back to the vet tomorrow

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Maybe I am over protective of her, but she seems "off" she has slept a lot more today than normal, she is eating and drinking well, no runny eyes or nose, no sneezing, but her breathing sounds kinda raspy??? and she still has the diarrhea, so we are off to see the Dr again in the morning.

holly_savage

Banned
HIbou's breathing got raspy with her URI...the xrays showed some fluid on her lungs and it has never fully gone away...doc says it may be there permanently, possibly some damage to her lungs from the infection. It's really only noticable when she exerts herself. ANd sometime when she is sleeping she snores a lot!

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Mystery Solved!:Laugh: Gummi has coccidia! The vet must have thought me insane, because when came back from looking at her readily supplied poo sample and announced, "She has coccidia" I replied, "oh, thank goodness!!" lol I was just so relieved that it was obvious and simple and easily treatable:ThumbsUp: So now she has to take Albion (sp?) once a day, and we are on the yellow brick road to solid poops *woohoo*

As to how she got it (because I know you will be worried, Shannon) there is no way to know, he said it is very common in kittens, and could have been mild or dormant so didn't show up on her last stool check, but now have reproduced in number (can be stress induced) and are easily detectable.

I feel so much better, and hopefully Gummi will too very soon!

Dawn~ keep her spot reserved in the poo house for now!:Laugh:

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Mystery Solved!:Laugh: Gummi has coccidia! The vet must have thought me insane, because when came back from looking at her readily supplied poo sample and announced, "She has coccidia" I replied, "oh, thank goodness!!" lol

I'm sure the vet doesn't hear too many cheers for intestinal parasites, but its good to hear that it can be treated easily and that poop road ahead will be more solid!

Inferno12

Banned
Mystery Solved!:Laugh: Gummi has coccidia! The vet must have thought me insane, because when came back from looking at her readily supplied poo sample and announced, "She has coccidia" I replied, "oh, thank goodness!!" lol I was just so relieved that it was obvious and simple and easily treatable:ThumbsUp: So now she has to take Albion (sp?) once a day, and we are on the yellow brick road to solid poops *woohoo*

As to how she got it (because I know you will be worried, Shannon) there is no way to know, he said it is very common in kittens, and could have been mild or dormant so didn't show up on her last stool check, but now have reproduced in number (can be stress induced) and are easily detectable.
:

I am so jealous :Angry: I will for sure save her spot though :LOL::LOL:

Bella07

Banned
Well that's good news! And I'm laughing about the whole "oh think goodness" thing. Actually, that probably made his day :Laugh: I hope she gets well soon! Kisses and thoughts being send to Gummi!

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Even better, Gummi is back to her trouble making self, lol, glad I listened to my instincts on this one. and the whole visit was only $40, I love my vet!!

J

Jinxlover

Poor baby, I'm happy it something easy to treat....

What is up with that girl? Maybe you should ship her back to me, I wouldn't want you to have a faulty kitten:Wink:.

Back