Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Gummi's Journey

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
We are so happy and pleased to announce that Gummi Bare-y is home!:Laugh: Due to temperature and airline restrictions the only time Gummi could fly is this week, so with her vet's blessing she boarded a plane, (with some help from momma Shannon, did you know that crates no longer come with plastic cups!!) and made the trip to SC.

Meanwhile we were preparing for the 3-4 hr drive to the airport, she could only fly to Atlanta, due to temp. restrictions. She arrived 2 hours earlier than expected! The airline was great, they called me and we were about 30 mins away, they said she was doing great, and when we got there she was in her crate asleep on the lady's desk.

This sounds odd, but she looks just like her pictures! (That's actually the first thing I said, lol) Her markings are perfect, it looks like jigsaw puzzle pieces! Her ears huge and beautiful! Her toes look like monkey paws! lol. She was so friendly and playful right from the start, came right out of her crate purring, and after exploring the car, wasted no time attacking everyone! I thought I may sleep in a bit this morning, as I am exhausted, but no dice. I fed Gummi, she went potty, and played a bit, so I snuggled with her for a nap:Surprise: She takes a 5 minute recharge and is doing laps around the bed and bouncing on my head, she was smacking my nose with her monkey feet!:Hysterical:
Oh, and she never uses her claws! But teeth are a different story!

I know what you guys want~ Berry Pictures!! Here ya go:

Getting ready to go, kids are gonna sleep on the way home:
011-9.jpg

Our first view of Gummi
013-5.jpg

First hugs!
017-3.jpg

So Glad to see the port a potty! Yes Shannon, she held it the whole flight!
021-2.jpg

Glad to see food too! Eww that food looks gross, lol
024-2.jpg

Time to get to know the snuggle sac!
026-4.jpg

This looks sweet, but 2 seconds before she was terrorizing my hand while I rubbed her belly! Cute evil genius!
028-3.jpg

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Forget about napping, let's PLAY!!
029-2.jpg

Driving the dump truck!
030-3.jpg

This is a cool toy!
033-2.jpg

I think I can kill this thing!
036-3.jpg

037-1.jpg

Look at those monkey toes!!
039-2.jpg

J

Jinxlover

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!:ThumbsUp:
I'm so happy she's home and well..I miss her already. She looks so at home there with you. They all bite little buggers, I'm guessing they will outgrow it( but Blueberry still bites sometimes when we play). She is full of spunk so there will be no sleep for you for the next 8 months. Kiss her for me...

That's my girl held the pee the whole flight..GO GUMMI:ThumbsUp::ThumbsUp: I was so worried about that...

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
This morning before my husband left, he hugged her and said, "Are you Daddy's baby?" lol! and then he sent me this email:
I just wanted you to know that I had fun last night bringing home our new baby. I love you

I thought this was MY kitten????

J

Jinxlover

This morning before my husband left, he hugged her and said, "Are you Daddy's baby?" lol! and then he sent me this email:
I just wanted you to know that I had fun last night bringing home our new baby. I love you

I thought this was MY kitten????

:LOL::LOL:Silly man :LOL::LOL: Sorry you will have to get YOUR kitten from susi:Hysterical::Hysterical::Hysterical:

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I love her and told you everything would be fine if she flew.
What Airline did she come in on?
She is so cute.
My Polar does that also and he is 6 months.
I got yelled at by a judge because Polar bit him at last saturdays show.
I know it was playing but it has to stop.
The other cats never bit hard like he does.

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Mews~ she came on Delta. Contenental did not have a flight near Shannon. They were really great with her.

Bella07

Banned
Aaawww, she is GORGEOUS! I love her markings, she is so pretty! Have lots of fun with her, and give her a kiss and a cuddle from me :)

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
So glad everything went well. Sounds like even though it was long that you had a fun time picking her up. Gongrats to you and your family:ThumbsUp::Celebrate:
and congrats to Shannon for raising such a good baby:ThumbsUp:

susi794

Staff member
So happy for you and Gummi--this sounds like a match made in Heaven. Enjoy!!!!! Zuchini went to his forever home last Wednesday--only to my sister's house, but I miss him like crazy! Get to see him whenever I want though, so that's nice. He moved in like he owned the place. Never even batted an eye about the other cats. Sounds like Gummi's doing the same thing.

gizmo6370

Banned
Zuchini went to his forever home last Wednesday--only to my sister's house, but I miss him like crazy! Get to see him whenever I want though, so that's nice.

Glad to hear that Zuchini has moved in with your sister ( wise woman :Wink: )
Now she has to become a lair member...so we can hear Zuki stories and see pics of him growing up:BigSmile:

ckutkuhn7

Banned
awww so cute!! I'm glad she made it to you okay! Thats great news! She looks right at home. No worries on the biting. Hopefully she will grow out of it. Snuffie bit when I first got her but I don't think she has bit one us in months now.

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Thank you everyone! She and I were both tired this afternoon and had a long snuggle nap together.

Susi, so glad Zuki is settling right in!

Gizmo, consider it the highest form of flattery, Gummi is a great name!

Sleepyheadkitten

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
She is GORGEOUS! And yeah, some crates don't come with the trays- I've found if you buy the ones at Walmart, they have them sandwiched in between the two halves of the crate. Otherwise, it's a crap shoot.

I can tell you adore her- love that last photo of her tummy!

J

Jinxlover

She is GORGEOUS! And yeah, some crates don't come with the trays- I've found if you buy the ones at Walmart, they have them sandwiched in between the two halves of the crate. Otherwise, it's a crap shoot.

Walmart was the first place I went, they don't have the ones with the trays anymore. I went to every #*%$#* store/pet store in this town and every one told me the little crates dont come with them anymore:Dizzy:, but they all say airline approved:Dizzy:. No on sells just the cups in the small size, they had the large ones so it you are shipping a Great Dane your okay.. I'm telling you if you have them hold onto them they are worth there weight in GOLD...I have tossed a ton of them in the trash over the years..Boy not anymore. I finally cried to the right guy at pet smart and they had a small crate in the BACK not even on the floor for sale that had one in it ,and they sold it to me for 21.99. I really think she would have missed her flight if I had not found that one.

Back