Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Gummi's poop! *warning gross language*

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Please somebody have some ideas here! Gummi had perfectly solid normal poop when she arrived, but she also developed a mild URI during her flight and had a week of amoxicillin. She is done with the meds and looks great, but now she has runny poop! One day it will be solid then the next it's runny again! It starts out solid then halfway through the "movement" it starts squirting out:Dizzy:, and being a baby the first thing she does is drag her tail through it, then step all in it. I have actually held her tail up while she poos, and then scooped litter over it for her, lol. I am having to wash her hind end several times a day and she is none too impressed with me!

The vet said she is okay, parasite free, and he thinks it is probably from change in diet (EVO to TOTW) change in environment, or even the antibiotics. and of course, I can't find pumpkin in any store!:Surprise:

Have any of you who got new kitties had new kitty diarhhea?Is there anything else I can do to help her? Is there a light at the end of the poo tunnel? Is there solid poops at the end of the rainbow? ....ok, now I am just babbling

Treespirit

Lairian
I don't know if this is what happens with you, but I notice that after giving the dewormer the stool is soft for a little while, but within a day or so returns to normal.

I've also noticed that Lyra's stomach can only handle turkey wet food. It does not do too well on other flavors. Maybe you just need to find the right fit for her belly?

I am just brain storming with you here. I really have no idea. ~shrug~ I hope you are able to figure it out soon.

holly_savage

Banned
yeah sorry, I am not much help either. Hibou has an iron gut I think cause I change her from one food to another once a week...the dry stays the same, but I change up the wet all the time...now here is a thought...if pumkin helps and it is part of the squash family, then some type of squash maybe can help...and I am not saying that for sure, but just a thought.

J

Jinxlover

Is there a light at the end of the poo tunnel? Is there solid poops at the end of the rainbow? ....ok, now I am just babbling

HAHAHAHAHAHA:LOL::LOL::Hysterical:

I feel your pain, Blueberries just got solid a few days ago and the vet had to give her meds to get it solid.

I bet it just takes time for her to get use to the new food. I do hope for solid poo at the end of your rainbow..<<SNICKER>>..:LOL:

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Awww poor Gummi's bum most be sore by now. Pumpkin is my only suggestion and i'm not sure about the squash thing. You could try researching it online. You might drudge up some sort of info. Goodluck tho, keep us posted.

J

Jinxlover

My stores are full of pumpkin???? I just walked right in and grabbed it... $2.34 for the big can...
My vet told me that pumpkin is good for the poos, Blueberry was just to far gone for it.
Hope you can find some soon.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
I agree with Susi, If she was just on meds and there was a food change both of these items could effect her poop. Just give it some time and monitor it. Sometime one particular food just doesn't agree with them.

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
...every poo has a silver lining :Dizzy: (just thought i'd try out a poo quote!)

X
:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Now if Gummi could just get her $hIt in together...(eww...bad poo pun...sorry)

Seriously, some GI issues can take a little while to settle down. It sounds as if she's had a lot going on lately. Hopefully you will see the light at the end of the poo tunnel soon.