Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Had to call 911! Haji caused a flood!

Haji the Sphynx

Lairian
I'll post all the details later but...
Haji was playing on some metal shelves in my bathroom that are unsecured and free standing. He tipped them over and when he did the bottom rung of the shelves snapped the water intake PVC pipe to the toilet and water went EVERYWHERE! a 1/4 inch pipe spewing water for a solid 10-15 minutes.
I live in a self managed condo building and none of us knew where the water shut off was. Had to call 911 (fire station is 2 doors down) and they came and turned off the main water supply to the building.
Now I am waiting for the 24 hour plumber and my homeowners insurance claims inspector to come out.
What a cat!

TanyaT

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Oh No!! I hope the damage isnt too bad!! Maybe it was Haji's way of saying we need a new place!!:BigSmile:

susi794

Staff member
OMG. they are all such little ****s! Mine break stuff on a daily basis--just their eay of telling me I have too much stuff. LOL..Mine need me to be more of a minimalist.:Wink::LOL:

Haji the Sphynx

Lairian
good news: Insurance company is here and they are already starting the cleanup! Can't believe it's so fast! But it's better than water everywhere overnight.
Here's some pics. all the cleanup folks love haji and the story. Haji is behaving like a supervisor. And Haji has yet to apologize. He likes all the attention. Jerk.
100_4567.JPG

Broken pipe
100_4568.JPG

The shelf that tipped and broke the pipe (it's in the dumpster now)
100_4570.JPG

The worst of the water damage in a storage unit (no property damage)
100_4573.JPG

Inspecting the job
100_4575.JPG

The plumber. Haji's new buddy.
100_4576.JPG

admin

Administrator
Staff member
I dont think HaJi thinks he did anything wrong!!:LOL::LOL: Sorry I know it's not funny, but the pic with the inspector! LoL

good news: Insurance company is here and they are already starting the cleanup! Can't believe it's so fast! But it's better than water everywhere overnight.
Here's some pics. all the cleanup folks love haji and the story. Haji is behaving like a supervisor. And Haji has yet to apologize. He likes all the attention. Jerk.
100_4567.JPG

Broken pipe
100_4568.JPG

The shelf that tipped and broke the pipe (it's in the dumpster now)
100_4570.JPG

The worst of the water damage in a storage unit (no property damage)
100_4573.JPG

Inspecting the job
100_4575.JPG

The plumber. Haji's new buddy.
100_4576.JPG

Haji the Sphynx

Lairian
It's totally funny - I just can't believe how mischevious he is!
I'm running on 2.5 hours of sleep-none of it very restful, Will post more pics tonite.

J

Jinxlover

I hate to laugh...but...HAHAHAHAHAHA..Oh Come on that's funny.(gotta love a bad boy). Looking in the hole like "HAY, what going on here."..lol..:LOL:

ckutkuhn7

Banned
I love the photo of him sitting with the plumber. lol So funny. I'm sorry he caused such a mess but atleast they came out right away to get it all fixed up.

Haji the Sphynx

Lairian
Okay, the funny is over. The noise is pretty loud from the fans and poor haji is growing tired of it. I think the stress is making him grow some hair (haha, instead of losing it!). Thankfully, the fans will be gone tomorrow and I hope Haji can relax. This is all a bit much for him.
Working with the insurance company. Keep your fingers crossed that my only costs will be the deductible.
I'm actually feeling sad because I was really really considering getting a new kitten but I'm just not sure it's financially responsible of me to do so at this time.

kiennasmom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Oh Haji!!!!! At least no one was hurt, right? Look on the bright side....at least he didn't knock over a candle/space heater/etc & start a fire. That would've been way worse....

Back