Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Had to say goodbye to our Sidney

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
You might remember that over the past few months our boxer Sidney had started to go down hill. Last night we had to say goodbye to her :Cry: She lied down and seemed to be suffering and was not able to get up. There is a vet that we have that will come to your home and put her to sleep so in a frantic state I called her and she was here in 20 min. Admin and our son dug her grave and I sat with Sidney while she crossed over to her peaceful place. It was so hard but I know that she could not go on much longer, and having it done in our home, with her head in my lap seemed nicer then doing it at the vets office. Then having her rest forever in our back yard where she loved to lay in the sunshine.
We will miss her so much:Cry: We love you Sidney you will always be with us!

Attachments

• CIMG1569.jpg
    CIMG1569.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 25

Gizzymom

Banned
I couldn't say it better than everyone else... You gave Sidney a great home and a loving family and you helped her to pass in the place where she was most comfortable... How admirable! Think of her every time the sun shines on your face and she will live in your hearts forever!:Cry:

So sorry for your loss....

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
awe ilovemysphynx, im so very very sorry to hear about this :( and you're right, she'll be very happy in your yard and i'm sure having her last snuggle with you meant the world to her. :( i'm so sorry for your loss.

susi794

Staff member
Oh, Heather...I am so incredibly sorry. I know how cherished Sydney was to you (and especially Admin) and how difficult it was to say goodbye. But please know that you released her from the prison of a body that failed her and that you saved her from having to endure any further pain and indignity. You loved her all the way to the other side and Admin lovingly labored to give her a final resting place where she will never have to be away from her family. Everything you did bespoke your love for this precious girl and I know she loved you deeply in return. You did good, you two. Rest in peace, sweet Sydney--you were so very loved.
Thinking of you and remembering you in my prayers,
Susi

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you to all of you! I still does not feel real. Walking up and coming home without her here, is just so empty. I know our dog Delilah misses her she keeps going to look at the grave and then comes to me like she is telling me something.
I also want to say that my family showed great courage that night, Our son who dug in the pouring rain with my husband, our daughter who sat with me while Sidney left us. And my friend who came to be with us because we needed a sane person here at the time.

danimcd

Lairian
i'm sure he was comfortable and at peace in your home and in your lap.
a few years ago i had to put our family beagle down as well, and although it is a very sad experience, you do get some peace knowing they are no longer in pain.

my deepest sympathy for you, Sidney, and your family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back