Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Hair down there?

2sphynxgirl

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
:Question:I swear I saw a thread about this before, but I can't find it tonight.

Mr. Blackwell has been altered since he was 14 weeks old. He is now 10 months. In the last few weeks he has started getting hair on his scrotum. It's noticable because he is a black seal point and the hair is dark like on his face.

Is this normal? Bluto is pretty bald and Buster didn't have hair there so this is new to me!

dragynflye

Lairian
:LOL: now, when kimo finally comes home, the first thing i'm going to do is check out his boy bit to see if he has hairy berries! :LOL:

susi794

Staff member
:LOL::ThumbsUp: Love the idea of a sphynx dictionary!!!! This thread cracks me up!
Hairy berries, giblets, boy stuff...ROFLMAO!

ultra_stella

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
When talking to the vet, I kept referring to Stella's "part" as her "Girlie Hole". Wondering if that should be part of the dictionary?

tessblack

Banned
Wow I guess I am going to have to check Tux when I get home!!! Both of mine seem to have hair patches on there hips lately and it looks like they have mange. Is this normal? They have hairy tails but just got the patches a few months back.

Brooke

Banned
Wow I guess I am going to have to check Tux when I get home!!! Both of mine seem to have hair patches on there hips lately and it looks like they have mange. Is this normal? They have hairy tails but just got the patches a few months back.

That's normal - it could be caused by the season or hormones. Helen has grown a very cute and very fluffy, cottony patch of fuzz between her shoulder blades this winter, and she's usually completely bald. I call it her winter coat, but there's no way that patch is going to keep her warm. :LOL:

tessblack

Banned
Yeah Brooke I agree the hip warmers are not helping with the cold. They just look so funny sometimes when they lick them and they stick up. Reminds me of my husband, he gets these small weird hair patches on his back!!

Back