Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Hair Falling Out

kerrie78

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
We gave the boys a bath after a few weeks of not bathing since they have colds & Newmie has more "peachfuzz" than normal ... so while getting a bath his hair was literally washing off! LOL! :LOL:

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Thank God! I contemplated shaving him:Dizzy:... it was driving me nuts!

:LOL: When I got Meecho her previous owner said that he was shaved her. He owned a sphynx and I don't think he was quite prepared for the amount of hair a peterbald has when their babies. I never shaved her because she was losing it so fast. Makes me wonder if that might've been one of the reasons he wanted to find her a new home after owning her for less then a month. Then again I remember all to well what she was like at that age and that might say a lot too :LOL:

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
We gave the boys a bath after a few weeks of not bathing since they have colds & Newmie has more "peachfuzz" than normal ... so while getting a bath his hair was literally washing off! LOL! :LOL:

This can happen for many reasons but I think in Newmies case it is because he was just fixed so is hormones went A bit crazy, they are setteling down now and that is why he is loosing his fuzz! Nothing to worry about!:ThumbsUp:

ultra_stella

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
That reminds me. . . at our visit to the ophthalmology clinic on Friday for Stella, the nurse asked if I have ever used Nair on her.

Seriously?

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Sometimes I look closely at Sophie and she will have a fuzz or something that looks like hair and I sigh with relief when I can brush it away with my hand. It's like a relief to see its nothing and I think that's funny!:LOL:

harley

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Each one of mine have diffrent amounts of hair. Nuba is the baldest with Harley following then oba, Cleo and finally Sambo(who is supposd to have hair) I figure they are like people all just a little diffent to make us happy.

Back