Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Hair ties and cardboard

ninja4her

Lairian
Does anyone elses cat like chewing on card board or playing fetch with hair ties. My boy sure does. He doesn't even touch our furniture if we keep scratching post and chard board in the house he's a happy camper. He chews cardboard boxes like their going out of style. Just wanted to share:BigSmile:

Bella07

Banned
In the top drawer of my dresser I keep all of my hair supplies, including my hair ties. A few years ago, I came into my room, and found my cat sitting on the top of the dresser (and the top drawer was left open) digging her paw in, and then popping the ponytail holders onto the floor, one by one. By then, there were at least 100 ones strewn all over the floor. It was absolutely hilarious! By the time she was done, there were none left. She was a kitten then, and to this day likes to bat them around. So, yes, she loves hair ties!

KushielsTart

Lairian
All of our babies love hair ties. Every so often I buy a pack just for them. Scunci makes a pack that are metal free with all neon colors. They get the neon ones, I get neutral colors for me. :) Then I give them out a couple at a time till they're all gone. Of course we find them when we move the furniture. I also buy the ones that are headbands that are giant rubber bands, they love those just as much.

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
only 1/3 of my kitties like hair ties, twist ties, milk top thingies.. Bea LOVES them! and the moment she sees you opening something that may have something she'd like to play with she STALKS you!
The other two could careless! (although they'd choose to tear up other things! ie, bugs and plants!)

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Hair ties are a favorite in our house too, it drives our daughter crazy because hers are always going missing:Surprise: I keep telling her just look under a dresser ther is always a pile there:Laugh:
As far a card board I wish I woud have known that could have saved our couches. I guess I will have to pull a box out of the basement.

ninja4her

Lairian
Hair ties are a favorite in our house too, it drives our daughter crazy because hers are always going missing:Surprise: I keep telling her just look under a dresser ther is always a pile there:Laugh:
As far a card board I wish I woud have known that could have saved our couches. I guess I will have to pull a box out of the basement.[/QUOTI

I put a card board box next to all 3 of our couches and he leaves the funiture alone and chews the box i had to stay on him like glue the first week. So when he went to scratch the couch he got a little squirt of water and he didn't like that to much so the box was his only option, but he was fine after that.

Back