Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Hairy cat

SylvrTitoijava

Lairian
Yesterday morning, 4 am I'm out the door for work and I hear meowing. It's below freezing. This beautiful calico maine coon walks up, perfectly groomed and sweet.
Slightly underfed but clearly had a home.
We're hiding her away from the other cats, in the bathroom. She has food and water and a soft bed now.
I've checked her over, no fleas, no scratches. She uses a litter box and listens to many commands.

I've posted FOUND ads all over. I search the lost pet boards and things like craigslist.

If we don't find the owners, we might keep her rather than getting the peterbald, this baby has more need and is so sweet. I'll get her checked out and vaccinated.

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Get anyone that replies to send you pictures/ vaccination card with details on, or something, so you know it's not just a random person wanting a free cat.

She is adorable.

Nofuratu

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
You should also let the local SPCA know. Thats the first place I would phone if I lost my cat, then the local vet clinics. Pretty cat!

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Yesterday morning, 4 am I'm out the door for work and I hear meowing. It's below freezing. This beautiful calico maine coon walks up, perfectly groomed and sweet.
Slightly underfed but clearly had a home.
We're hiding her away from the other cats, in the bathroom. She has food and water and a soft bed now.
I've checked her over, no fleas, no scratches. She uses a litter box and listens to many commands.

I've posted FOUND ads all over. I search the lost pet boards and things like craigslist.

If we don't find the owners, we might keep her rather than getting the peterbald, this baby has more need and is so sweet. I'll get her checked out and vaccinated.

She is a beauty, but why not both? :Laugh:What's one more right? lol

Shell_Baby

Lairian
What a pretty kitty! She is so lucky to have found you - hopefully you find her owner, but if not, congratulations on a beautiful new kitty. The rescued ones are the sweetest - like they know they got a 2nd chance!!! :ThumbsUp:

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hard to believe a cat that beautiful was just wandering around. It's great that you are caring for it :BigSmile:

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Poor baby - I'm sure her owners are missing her. I hope you find them.
She is a gorgeous kitty, can't blame you for keeping her if you don't happen to find her family.

Jennifer

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I hope no one abanded their cat in the middle of winter. It breaks my heart when people do that. Hopfully she just slipped out. If not, then this cat found the best home she could possibly find.
I found my second siamese outside in the woodshed when it was -38 outside. She jumped into my arms. Found out she belonged to the bad neighbours next door. They had so many cats. We told them if they pay the vet bills to bring her back to health, then they could have her back. They never paid.

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I hope this kitty has parent(s) who miss her and are looking for her. And if not, then congratulations on your new kitty!

But please don't call her a maine coon just because she has shaggy long hair. She's a Domestic Long Hair if her parentage is unknown. As a past MC breeder it's a real pet peeve of mine when people call a cat a MC just because it looks like a MC.

SylvrTitoijava

Lairian
But please don't call her a maine coon just because she has shaggy long hair. She's a Domestic Long Hair if her parentage is unknown. As a past MC breeder it's a real pet peeve of mine when people call a cat a MC just because it looks like a MC.

Sorry. I thought she was a maine coon because my fiance had one forever that looked just like the girl I found. I really can't check her breeding.

Calling her a Maine Coon is the best way to explain what she looked like, in any case that why I've been using it.
What she is, breed wise doesn't matter much to me, as long as she's ok. If someone wants to call her a Domestic Long Haired cat, a Maine Coon cat, or a tribble:LOL: it's all good to me. :BigSmile:

Back