Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Haji is hosting a sleep over! (litterbox question)

Haji the Sphynx

Lairian
So Haji is friends with Roxy, my condo neighbor's hairy orange tabby kitten. They get along and play so well. We take turns hosting dates with each others cats - my neighbor will take Haji up with her and Roxy for a few hours everyday when I am out of town and vice versa.

I'd like to try having Roxy stay with me, but once when she was over a few months ago she pooped on my couch. I haven't seen her use the litter box that Haji uses.

Should I have a separate litter box for Roxy? i can just bring her litter box down for the weekend or I just use a clean pan with her type of clean litter.

Would she use Haji's litterbox?

I've never had more than one cat so I don't really know how this works - especially since this is not Roxy's regular home!

Suggestions?

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
How cute, a kitty sleepover I love it.:ThumbsUp: The only thing I can think of is that the other cat uses a different litter then Haji and that is why he would not use his box. Some can be picky about that. I would try to bring his box to your place and see how it goes!
Have fun!

Haji the Sphynx

Lairian
I also think the kitty coming for the sleepover should bring their own box...it will smell like them and make them happier.
Are they both going to be wearing pj's ? LOL

Adventures of A Naked Cat

I don't think Roxy likes clothes. I will bathe the Haj-man for the occasion.

It took them a few dates to stop hissing at each other. Then once the made it to second base and ended up in my bedroom and it's been bliss ever since.

I've never gotten the two of them worn out enough to cuddle and nap together. Ive had Rox over for about 3 hours max each time and it's ALL PLAY!

ktate88

Banned
Oh please take pictures as they make smores :LOL::LOL: I think it is very sweet! Niles loves his friend Hamilton at work.

Shell_Baby

Lairian
Are they both going to be wearing pj's ? LOL

:LOL::LOL::LOL:
Too funny!

Definitely recommend her bringing her own litter box. Some cats are really weird about using another cat's box, and some don't mind. So to prevent unwanted "surprises" on your couch again, bring the other box! :ThumbsUp:

ypvsypvs

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I have cats over often here. From hours to a couple of days. Never had any problems with them using the same box.

Have fun and don't count on them playing together the first day or so. ;)

ckutkuhn7

Banned
I too would bring the other kitties box. As a general rule you would always want 1 litterpan per kitty anyhow if you had a multiple cat home. I hope they get along well and its all fun!! Take pix!! We want to see their teaparty and smoremaking!

Haji the Sphynx

Lairian
Well, the sleepover was not as planned.
I didn't get Roxy until Sunday because the Packer's game was Saturday night.

Brought Roxy down around 2pm and they played and played and played. Hardly a still moment.

It was 11:30 PM and they still wouldn't settle down so I brought Roxy back up stairs so I could get some sleep.

I'm sure Haji slept all day.

Good news is Roxy did use her litterbox down here.

I just can't believe they didn't tire out. Anytime one of them would start to sleep, the other would pounce and start up again!

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Well, the sleepover was not as planned.
I didn't get Roxy until Sunday because the Packer's game was Saturday night.

Brought Roxy down around 2pm and they played and played and played. Hardly a still moment.

It was 11:30 PM and they still wouldn't settle down so I brought Roxy back up stairs so I could get some sleep.

I'm sure Haji slept all day.

Good news is Roxy did use her litterbox down here.

I just can't believe they didn't tire out. Anytime one of them would start to sleep, the other would pounce and start up again!

Sounds like a typical sleepover! I'm glad they had fun together.

Back