Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Amy31

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
This is most likely a pointless post but I just needed to share how over the moon I am! As some of you may know I was really scared about having my prince neutered! After many phone calls I found a vet that dos not use ketamine, of course, like any mum, I was still very worried, I pulled up to the vets and looked at its very small..un pretty shop floor, oh how I regreted my desition and if it was for my mum I would of bolted then and there oh how wrong I could of been! I always say don't judge a book by its cover, but I hate to admit I did..but how quickly my mind was changed by the absolutely brilliant, knowledgable staff I had the pleasure of meeting, they read all my reaserch on ketamine (despite them not using it at all) weighed, checked my baby's ears, teeth, temp! Which no vet I've been to before has done (might I add how bad a mum I felt for the temperature taking, even though he was a good boy) she listened to his little ticker, and free of charge, clipped his nails, cleaned his ears (and did a much better job than the previous £10 I spent at another vets) and gave me a bottle of ear cleaner! So despite how tiny the place looked I am so glad I found them, my baby was home and into everything a good few hours later! As if nothing had happened! So I guess I'm just really happy and FINALLY feel satisfied I'm my quest for a vet! :D

1sphynxlover

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
So happy to hear you've found the perfect vet. I've found, the smaller offices are better. My vet is the only vet in the office. I get such personalized care. I love him.

MelissaAlice

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I have actually known my vet since high school.
And my younger sister did her co op at his clinic when she was in school to become a vet tech.

He always takes the time to go over every details and never makes me feel rushed, because like most of us here I'm beyond over protective when it comes to my naked babies. He listens to all of my crazy cat mom ramblings and is always there to answer my questions!

Finding the right vet is a huge commitment and so taking your time and really making sure you feel 100% comfortable is important!

Amy31

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
So happy to hear you've found the perfect vet. I've found, the smaller offices are better. My vet is the only vet in the office. I get such personalized care. I love him.
Yes! That's what it's like, only a few of them that work there :D it's a good feeling!

Amy31

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I have actually known my vet since high school.
And my younger sister did her co op at his clinic when she was in school to become a vet tech.

He always takes the time to go over every details and never makes me feel rushed, because like most of us here I'm beyond over protective when it comes to my naked babies. He listens to all of my crazy cat mom ramblings and is always there to answer my questions!

Finding the right vet is a huge commitment and so taking your time and really making sure you feel 100% comfortable is important!
I feel like I've been a bit of a vet user haha, but I just wasn't happy! And it's safe to say I'm 100% happy! :D

curlysue

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
It's a great post!! You should always go with your gut when it comes to your baby. We all would like to think we don't judge a book by it's cover but we all do. I am so glad you had a good experience!

Amy31

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
It's a great post!! You should always go with your gut when it comes to your baby. We all would like to think we don't judge a book by it's cover but we all do. I am so glad you had a good experience!
I know, I felt vet guilty as I am forever being judged my self (tattoos) but I'm so happy with my choice! It's a huge weight off :)

curlysue

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I know, I felt vet guilty as I am forever being judged my self (tattoos) but I'm so happy with my choice! It's a huge weight off :)

I understand I have a lot of tattoos as well. I am doing the job interview thing this week and have to worry about covering them up.

Amy31

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I understand I have a lot of tattoos as well. I am doing the job interview thing this week and have to worry about covering them up.
Ah it's such a pain! I'm 20 and the first vets I went to, I asked 3 times when I could have lucifer microchipped, all told me different, but basically that he wasn't ready, so when I went to pay the receptionist looks at me and says, " are you going to have him microchipped? Any responsible pet owner would of had it done by now"!! Because I'm oh so irresponsible getting my cat his jabs....second time I went to a jewellers to get a diamond earring for my bosses partner, didn't say a price, just asked to see them, "we won't have anything here in your price range, your probably best going to Clair's accessorys for something under £10" !! Needless to say her manager got a very angry phone call, not to mention I probably have two diamond earrings worth of art on my body haha -.- ah well! It comes with the ink! Good luck! I'm sure you'll do great

curlysue

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Ah it's such a pain! I'm 20 and the first vets I went to, I asked 3 times when I could have lucifer microchipped, all told me different, but basically that he wasn't ready, so when I went to pay the receptionist looks at me and says, " are you going to have him microchipped? Any responsible pet owner would of had it done by now"!! Because I'm oh so irresponsible getting my cat his jabs....second time I went to a jewellers to get a diamond earring for my bosses partner, didn't say a price, just asked to see them, "we won't have anything here in your price range, your probably best going to Clair's accessorys for something under £10" !! Needless to say her manager got a very angry phone call, not to mention I probably have two diamond earrings worth of art on my body haha -.- ah well! It comes with the ink! Good luck! I'm sure you'll do great

O my!!! Well I have to say I wear proudly a "tattooed and employed" sweatshirt my hubby bought me! I get the "look" from time to time and for the most part I have a screw you attitude so I don't let it bother me. I did have a interesting conversation where my mother in law was talking to one of her friends about not liking tattoos. I laughed out loud and said "It's a good thing you liked me before you knew how many tattoos I have. She honestly has no clue how many I have but on our wedding day she saw a few more than you normally see. It's never easy to know your being judged.

Honestly non of my nakeds are chipped I don't think they work they way they are intended. I managed a vet hospital for a few years and know it is a great money maker. My brother had a dog that was chipped when he adopted him from the shelter and when she got out that same shelter picked her up took her in and scanned her. My brother called and went by there about every day and they had her in quarantine. They said she wasn't chipped (they were the ones who chipped her). Anyway by some luck one of John's friends saw her on there website and called John to go get her. He didn't have to pay any fees to get her out because it was there mistake she had to stay there for 3 weeks.

Amy31

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
O my!!! Well I have to say I wear proudly a "tattooed and employed" sweatshirt my hubby bought me! I get the "look" from time to time and for the most part I have a screw you attitude so I don't let it bother me. I did have a interesting conversation where my mother in law was talking to one of her friends about not liking tattoos. I laughed out loud and said "It's a good thing you liked me before you knew how many tattoos I have. She honestly has no clue how many I have but on our wedding day she saw a few more than you normally see. It's never easy to know your being judged.

Honestly non of my nakeds are chipped I don't think they work they way they are intended. I managed a vet hospital for a few years and know it is a great money maker. My brother had a dog that was chipped when he adopted him from the shelter and when she got out that same shelter picked her up took her in and scanned her. My brother called and went by there about every day and they had her in quarantine. They said she wasn't chipped (they were the ones who chipped her). Anyway by some luck one of John's friends saw her on there website and called John to go get her. He didn't have to pay any fees to get her out because it was there mistake she had to stay there for 3 weeks.
Oo id so love one of those jumpers! Haha, no it doesn't bother me, apart from the "ooo can I touch?" No! It's just skin! Haha, no matter what people will always find something to judge you on I suppose!

Well..I was traumatised once I'd had it done, the first one apparently popped out so the re did it a second time..I heard a big squeal and started crying! Haha, out comes a scratched vet who had glued his skin together! -.- why they wouldn't let me stay I don't know..needless to say he didn't return there..I think I had it for peace of mind more than anything, at least if he got out or God forbid stolen I think it would make me feel better haha, not that I intend on ever letting him out my sight! But like you say it's probably a veryyy big money maker! They can pull you in so easy!!

If you don't mind my asking, I have asked before, but what jabs do you have for your nakeds? Luce is up to date on his, but I was wondering if there's any others you recomend getting?

Back