Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Happy Thanksgiving

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
First off I would like to wish everyone a very happy Thanksgiving and if anyone gets a picture of their cats straddling the turkey I would love to see it:LOL::Laugh:

I don't get to get on as much as before because I can't bring my computer to work anymore because I had this funny habit of not doing my job, so I had to choose...stupid job:Angry: Last few weeks have been pretty tough because I'm trying really hard not to ring Meecho's tiny little neck :Stop: She has a new habit that is slowly killing me. On the upside she isn't so much the night owl anymore. When it's bed time she may go wander for ten minutes or so but then she comes right to bed. Nope now she's decided that since she gets soooooooooo much sleep at night, she is going to be my own personal alarm clock. A very loud, whiney, and not to mention early alarm clock:Angry: To be honest if I had to choose one or the other I would rather she partied all night. Shoot at this rate I'll even show her where we keep the liqour:Laugh: I wish my spending habits for her had slowed down, but I think I'm actually spending more then I ever did. Buying her that pink heart wardrobe didn't help:LOL: Funny thing is, as much as she hates her clothes, she loves the closet. Everytime I open it she starts sniffing at her dresses and checking herself out in her mirror. I swear she is such a little diva. Well I'm gonna get to bed since my alarm clock will be going off anywhere between 4-5am:Sleep: All I can keep telling myself is....I love her, I love her, I love her...then why do I want to kill her:Hysterical::Laugh: Happy turkey day guys!!!!

Brooke

Banned
Happy Thanksgiving to you, too, Kalliee!

I've noticed you haven't been on the forum so much lately...glad to hear that you're doing well, even if work is getting in the way of more important things. I hope Meecho's internal clock slows down just a little bit for you - Walter at least lets me sleep in until 6:45! :LOL: The other 3 don't get up until I do..I wish Walter would take a queue from them, but he marches to the beat of his own drum!

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Happy Thanksgiving and glad to see you are doing good! Wow Meecho needs to learn to sleep in a bit.
If I end up with that picture you are so hopping to see I will scream and I am sure you will be able to hear me at your house. I went out today to get the last of what I needed for dinner tomorrow and before I got everything put away our dog Sidney ate half of the bread for my stuffing:Angry:

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hi kalliee! Happy Thanksgiving! Meecho is one funny kitty. I'd rather be kept up later than awoken in the early early morning too. Sophie likes to wake me at 4am to suck on my chin/cheek. :Angry: I try to be nice but if I hide my face she bats at me. I'd say wake Meecho when she's napping but I remember what you said when you tried that before :LOL: I know better!

Marnasobsession

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Yes...HAPPY THANKSGIVING ALL! Even if I don't post all the time I usually read most of them. Having my parents in my home now takes alot of my time. Know that you are all in my thoughts.

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
:LOL: I'm so glad we don't cook in our family. We gave up that tradition about ten years ago after my mom got in a fight with my dad and threw the ham at him:LOL::LOL:. We decided that we could fight with each other just fine without the mess and cleanup:LOL: We usually go to some crappy buffet that I can't stand, so today I'm going to treat the family to a seafood buffet in DC. Try to eat in style. Then my mom and I are actually going back up to New York for our shopping trip. I mean the Gucci outlet has things at 50% off!!!!:Surprise: Hello New York, Goodbye paycheck:Laugh: Let's hope this visit I can avoid pissing off anyone where I park and they don't key my truck again and I can stay away for falling bricks:LOL: If anyone is in the area or can get into the area the outlet mall I'm going to is called Woodbury Commons and they are actually on the New Jersey side but just under the border of New York. Here is the link:http://www.premiumoutlets.com/outlets/outlet.asp?id=7. They will be open at midnight tonight and they are having some super deals. The one I'm most excited about is Tory Burch. God I love her shoes even if it is totally impractical for me to be wearing her heals while crawling under cars:LOL: Atleast I know the part that is visible has some style:Laugh: Have fun guys....because it's off to shop I go:BigSmile:

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Hey guys hope you had a great Thanksgiving:Laugh: Does anyone have any funny sphynx meets turkey stories to tell? My trip was great, but I have a great mental note for anyone here who has ever thought of doing this....STAY OUT OF NYC ON BLACK FRIDAY:LOL::LOL: It took us over an hour just to get out of Macy's between the crowd and well I kinda got lost:Pudently: Seriously why does it need to be nine stories high and a city block wide. I've never been to a store that refered to it's sections based on what street it was on.:Hysterical:

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Oh that is so true last time we went to Macys in ny it took us like 3 hours to find santa:Surprise:
Hope you had fun I have been to 2 malls in 2 days and friday left the house at 5am.
I am A bit tired now but at least I did some shopping!

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hey guys hope you had a great Thanksgiving:Laugh: Does anyone have any funny sphynx meets turkey stories to tell? My trip was great, but I have a great mental note for anyone here who has ever thought of doing this....STAY OUT OF NYC ON BLACK FRIDAY:LOL::LOL: It took us over an hour just to get out of Macy's between the crowd and well I kinda got lost:Pudently: Seriously why does it need to be nine stories high and a city block wide. I've never been to a store that refered to it's sections based on what street it was on.:Hysterical:

Wow sounds like quite an adventure! Did you get anything good at least? Any Tory Burch? :BigSmile: I get lost shopping in NYC on a normal day- I'd for sure get lost on Black Friday. :Hysterical:

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
The one I'm most excited about is Tory Burch. God I love her shoes even if it is totally impractical for me to be wearing her heals while crawling under cars:LOL: Atleast I know the part that is visible has some style:Laugh: Have fun guys....because it's off to shop I go:BigSmile:

Kallie, I LOVE Tory Burch shoes, too! Unfortunately they are WAY out of my price range and like you, I can't wear them at work either, being that half the time I'm in some ditch somewhere doing a wastewater inspection. But it's still fun to window-shop and drool! :Adore:

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
The only Tory Burch I managed to buy were some really cute flip flops. They usually sell for like $130 and I snagged them for $30!! I also got a $300 north face coat for $150 with tax. Two chloe purses one for me and one for my mom for $1300 for both which I know sounds like a lot, but to get two for less then the price of one at retail is awesome. Then I bought two purses for me and one for my mom at Prada and that was the worst store because it took 20 minutes to get in and and hour and forty minutes to checkout :Angry: After that we were pooped and decided to take our shopping into the city where I wore out my credit card at a luxury bath and body store. If you get the chance you should check out their website: Sabonnyc.com They have the best scrub there called a foamy scrub which is a salt scrub with foamy soap in it. I'm telling you it has been the best thing ever!! They always say that europe has the best bath products and after buying stuff from europe and then at sabon I would take sabon anyday of the week! I think it's great that my bank calls when they see a lot of usage on my card, but I swear they called me FIVE times that day!! I warned them I was shopping:LOL: Luckily all my shopping is done, except for my dad but his is on order and as soon as it arrives I just have to pick it up. I have to say that I really enjoy christmas, but nothing can beat last year. I got Meecho as my present and nothing can beat that....except maybe a sphynx this year:Laugh:

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
The only Tory Burch I managed to buy were some really cute flip flops. They usually sell for like $130 and I snagged them for $30!! I also got a $300 north face coat for $150 with tax. Two chloe purses one for me and one for my mom for $1300 for both which I know sounds like a lot, but to get two for less then the price of one at retail is awesome. Then I bought two purses for me and one for my mom at Prada and that was the worst store because it took 20 minutes to get in and and hour and forty minutes to checkout :Angry: After that we were pooped and decided to take our shopping into the city where I wore out my credit card at a luxury bath and body store. If you get the chance you should check out their website: Sabonnyc.com They have the best scrub there called a foamy scrub which is a salt scrub with foamy soap in it. I'm telling you it has been the best thing ever!! They always say that europe has the best bath products and after buying stuff from europe and then at sabon I would take sabon anyday of the week! I think it's great that my bank calls when they see a lot of usage on my card, but I swear they called me FIVE times that day!! I warned them I was shopping:LOL: Luckily all my shopping is done, except for my dad but his is on order and as soon as it arrives I just have to pick it up. I have to say that I really enjoy christmas, but nothing can beat last year. I got Meecho as my present and nothing can beat that....except maybe a sphynx this year:Laugh:

Wow, Kallie! Sounds like you got some super-great deals on your shopping excursion! :ThumbsUp: There is nothing like shopping in NYC; we don't have the kind of high-quality stores here (especially in Colorado Springs, although Denver has a few nice stores) that you have there. I agree with you, though, that Meecho was the BEST Christmas gift ever...LOL!

I've never heard of the Sabon spa products...they sound nice! I'll have to check out their website.

Back