Welcome to the Sphynxlair community! A community dedicated to the Sphynx breed!

Happy World Cat Day!

Toa and Ross

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Today it's World Cat Day:).

Happy Cat Day sphynxies and their furry friends! Hope you mommies and daddies will spoil you even more (is that even possible).

For World Cat Day a local news site asked people to sent in pictures of the local town cats. They would place pictures of 11 cats on their side today.
I decided to sent a few pictures of my crew. Didn't think they would be selected cause well...most newssites don't go for sphynx, too afraid of negative comments.
Hunderds of pictures were sent...

So I was very surprised and happy to see this picture of Jade & Foxy was selected! Foxy's only a week in town and now already a famous local cat.

The text says "what a special critters":ROFLMAO:
Screenshot_20180808-150104_Facebook.jpg

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
Very cool! I should never forget because it is also our wedding anniversary lol.

Bailey21

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Wow how cool for Jade and Foxy to be featured!! But then again, how could they not have chosen your beautiful ladies! :kiss:

Toa and Ross

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Very cool! I should never forget because it is also our wedding anniversary lol.
Happy Anniversary! How many years are you married today? And can we see a pic of you and hubby on your weddingday? Pretty please...:) (only if you want to share of course. I just love seeing pics of weddings)

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Congratulations on the pick!
And what a great one it is, too :)

IMG_7988_sm.jpg

IMG_7989_sm.jpg

My dad and Livvy, route planning.

IMG_20180806_134655.jpg

Pic taken by my sister, of the beasts checking out the motorcycle gear after they arrived lol.

IMG_7994_sm.jpg

P.S. Livvy kept insisting they go to the "Blue Place" and my dad kept telling her to get her paw out of the ocean...

Last edited:

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
@Toa and Ross

I don’t keep any pics from our wedding day out on display lol. There used to be one on my dresser, but Loki knocked it down and broke the frame years ago, so I never put it back out. I tend to try to live more in the present than the past which is a challenge with the losses our family has experienced over the last 2 years. I also think that comes with the fact photography is a hobby and I am always taking pics. Being as I decorate minimally picking pics to frame is hard and doesn’t happen often. I think the album is in the attic. When I come across it, I will share with you. Perms were the thing lol.

We had a very small wedding. We only invited 25 people ...only those who made a presence in our lives at that time. We chose a Japanese restaurant that had a glass tea house overlooking the gardens. It was one huge hibachi table we all sat at. Very quiet and personal.

I do have this pic...when we renewed our vows for our 17th anniversary in Jamaica. I was thinner then, but no more happier. We had some family join us (12) on the beach where my Dad walked me down the aisle once again. We said there were 2 requirements, everyone wear sunglasses (no squinting) and come barefoot for comfort.

Sorry for the shadows, it’s a pic of a picture lol. We are celebrating 26 years of marriage and 32 years as best friends. I am one lucky lady.

Toa and Ross

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@Catzzzmeow renewing your wedding vowes on your 17the anniversary, that's very special and romantic. And I have tears in my eyes reading your dad walked you down the aisle again. What a precious memory.
Love the pic of you and Michael. You look so happy and so relaxed! The two requirements are perfect to have a great day.

Happy 26 years anniversary. And 32 in totally. Wow! Amazing!!

Staceyxxx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
@Toa and Ross

I don’t keep any pics from our wedding day out on display lol. There used to be one on my dresser, but Loki knocked it down and broke the frame years ago, so I never put it back out. I tend to try to live more in the present than the past which is a challenge with the losses our family has experienced over the last 2 years. I also think that comes with the fact photography is a hobby and I am always taking pics. Being as I decorate minimally picking pics to frame is hard and doesn’t happen often. I think the album is in the attic. When I come across it, I will share with you. Perms were the thing lol.

We had a very small wedding. We only invited 25 people ...only those who made a presence in our lives at that time. We chose a Japanese restaurant that had a glass tea house overlooking the gardens. It was one huge hibachi table we all sat at. Very quiet and personal.

I do have this pic...when we renewed our vows for our 17th anniversary in Jamaica. I was thinner then, but no more happier. We had some family join us (12) on the beach where my Dad walked me down the aisle once again. We said there were 2 requirements, everyone wear sunglasses (no squinting) and come barefoot for comfort.

Sorry for the shadows, it’s a pic of a picture lol. We are celebrating 26 years of marriage and 32 years as best friends. I am one lucky lady.
Happy anniversary, have a beautiful day, ur an inspiration to us all, wishing u both many years of health n happiness! Xxx

lealea

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Happy world cat day!

Well done @Toa and Ross thats amazing! But you do have two special girls there, so it’s wonderful they were recognised for their awesomeness!

And happy happy anniversary @Catzzzmeow congratulations! Wow, 32 years together, that is quite something. Your picture is beautiful, full of happiness.