Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Harness Question

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Good morning Lairians! I’ve been wanting to get good harness’ for my guys for a while now for when I take them in the backyard/out and about that will have their tags attached. I can’t decide on which style would be better for the sphynx. The two I’ve been debating between is one where their arms go into individual holes, or one where it Velcro’s across their neck and tummy. Any recommendations on style/brands is much appreciated! I’ll attach photos of the two I’ve been looking at.
9941c25aac38654492881dd860203321.jpg
b2e3253672ee5b17e9a81d429ee67d81.jpg

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Love that color harness! Gosh Cleo is so beautiful, she looks and reminds me a lot of my Finn. Do you remember where you got that harness? I've been mostly looking online as stores don't have a lot of options for cats.

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I love the Voyager. I've only been able to source it on US Amazon.com (they ship to Canada though). It gives a firm hold but offers freedom of movement. I do love the look of the long vests that spiffy Cleo is sporting, but Max would kill me if I tried to put him in that.

Max only puts up with this in really cold weather.

Otherwise he likes the freedom to hunt as unimpeded as possible.

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Duglynukem Thank you!

@Xandria OMG Max in those little booties and hat just makes my day :0 Honestly I think my two guys would let me dress them up like that too if it meant that they got to go outside in the cold weather. Max looks very handsome in the voyager harness! That one looks a different style then what I posted, it looks more to be the vest style? Unless its the same and I'm just blind!

Sheldon13

Staff member
Yes it is! I ordered the extra small and it is a very snug fit for my 9 lb girl. If you have a larger cat I would probably order the small. Just be sure to measure and follow the size guide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@Duglynukem Thank you!

@Xandria OMG Max in those little booties and hat just makes my day :0 Honestly I think my two guys would let me dress them up like that too if it meant that they got to go outside in the cold weather. Max looks very handsome in the voyager harness! That one looks a different style then what I posted, it looks more to be the vest style? Unless its the same and I'm just blind!

It's the same actually. Once you wrap them in it, that's what it looks like. There are different styles though, and we have the mesh, corduroy, and that suede soft one. They fit really well. We use the XS size.

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Xandria Thanks for the pictures! The top ones are the same ones I’m now sold on getting for my three, the bottom one really would be nice and cozy for the colder weather!

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Catzzzmeow thanks for the recommendation. I think I would have to go with small for my crew. I think I ended up with all the giant sphynx haha. Now to try and pick colors for all 3 oh my.

meandmytwo

Lairian
We have the voyageur also, on Max @Xandria ‘s earlier recommendation . Seeing Max’s twisted front boot just kills me every time!

I like it but my kitties never took to it. I didn’t start young enough. I think there’s still hope if I persist (which I haven’t been ).
I got it from the Canadian amazon. I see it there now. :)

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
@Catzzzmeow thanks for the recommendation. I think I would have to go with small for my crew. I think I ended up with all the giant sphynx haha. Now to try and pick colors for all 3 oh my.

Just want to make sure I share that Jouët is 10 pounds and she still has room. The Velcro part has quite a bit of give. Myshka is 8 pounds both wear the same size XS.

I need to get another one because of Ochi...I love men in pink, but I think he would look good in another shade lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Catzzzmeow he might not approve of the pink indeed haha. Now I'm curious of the size for my crew, I ordered all 3 in size small, but I may need to return one or more for the XS. I'll have to post how they all fit when they arrive, it may be too roomy for little Finny right now.

Anansi

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
We got Orpheus a harness that has the two individual arm holes as he is a bit of a tugger and loves to pull on the lead if we aren't fast enough and with the other style harness he was putting too much pressure on his neck (this one distributes it across his chest) and he would choke himself he would end up having like coughing fits like an idiot. So just some.food for thought haha

Back