Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

HCM takes another one

Status
Not open for further replies.
My boy Blue put up a good fight, but sadly he died yesterday, he was only 4, 3weeks away from his 5th birthday. He was a true joy in my life and he made me laugh and smile everyday, and i already miss him dearly.He was diagnosed with HCM 6 months ago when they gave him 6-8 months to live..the vet couldnt believe he held on so long, but he was a fighter. He was a truly special cat..to know him was to love him, and his personality..from the shoulder riding to the chin rubs or the headbutts while online, my life will never be the same without him..hes left me and smeagol heartbroken. i hope nobody has to go through what i did the last few months, the vet bills, the meds, the waiting for it..this is a horrible disease, and hopefully your breeder did the right thing..he died at 4..life cut short by bad breeding, its a horror i dont wish on anyone. RIP Blue..you brought joy to my life everyday i had with you, you will be forever missed

susi794

Staff member
What can you say to someone to ease the sorrow of losing a beloved member of their family? We all understand the hurt you must be feeling and know the hole Blue's passing with leave in your life. Smeagol will also probably grieve Blue's absence and may need some extra loving attention to help his broken heart as well. So give him some hugs and extra love--it won't make the hurt go away, but it will make your arms feel less empty. I'm so terribly sorry...
Wishing it wasn't so hard....loving something so much comes with a high price tag....these cats give us so much joy when they are here, but so much sorrow when they leave us.
Understanding your pain,
Susi and the gang

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I am sorry about the loss of your beloved kitty Blue. I recently lost my Siamese cat Sydney to HCM, too, so I know how you feel. It's tough watching your best friend deteriorate and there's nothing that you can do about it. My prayers are with you and your family at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back