Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

HCM Test University of North Carolina and the wait

tuffysmommy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
We sent in Toni’s HCM swabs and it will be 4 weeks until we get her results. Maybe I’m just not up to snuff but when i got her UDavis results for Sphynx/Rex and the genetic problems inherent in that mix, I didn’t understand, panicked and flew to the vet for counsel.
Im sure lots of you have experience with the HCM testing and can help me impatiently wait the 4 weeks.
I was scared to send the swabs and then when i found they had used ketamine for her spay, I realized i better get my tail in gear.
I only barely knew about HCM from the Lair until I followed others traumas and it flew in my face when I lost my Paka to HCM.
What a mistake to have joined when Paka was almost 2 years old and then only intermittently joined in.

tuffysmommy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I wanted to share that North Carolina has done some interesting cat research: “Examples of this mission include a breakthrough study on feline idiopathic cystitis that has already resulted in an effective treatment providing relief for long-suffering cats.” From their newsletter.

Back