Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Headbangers who own Sphynx Cats?

admin

Administrator
Staff member
I saw this convo in the chat box, I figured it's a good topic. Sphynx owners who are headbangers!
Well,
yes I am into the old 80's hair bands, Keel, Crue, Vinnie Vincent, Wasp all the 80's glamour rock bands. My wife "Ilovemysphynx" is a Bon Jovi junkie!
Any other guys or girls that are headbangers here? If so, who are your favs?

Lol I doubt I'd be considered a head banger.

I listen to everything from my moms old Willie Nelson albums to Marilyn Manson, and Japanese rock. Alice likes Japanese rock best, Dita likes country.:BigSmile:

kiennasmom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
MEEEE!!!! My favorite was Poison. One Friday in college, someone so kindly pointed out that I had worn a different Poison t-shirt every day that week :Dizzy: Also, Motley Crue, G&R, Skid Row, LA Guns, Winger, Faster Pussycat, among many others & OMG yes BonJovi!!! That man still gets my attention!!!

Last edited:

TotenEngel

Banned
Well, I walked down the aisle to a bit of the old hair metal! (Enuff Z Nuff)
but was also into a lot of the death and thrash stuff too. My husbands listens to Grindcore these days and I listen to industrial, but we always go back for a bit of the good old stuff!

We are actually going to see Rob Zombie in February *glee*

Ella_B

Lairian
I'm going to see Rammstein in Feb. Can't wait!

I don't think Berlin is too partial to my heavy music. She just likes soap operas. :Laugh:

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
MEEEE!!!! My favorite was Poison. One Friday in college, someone so kindly pointed out that I had worn a different Poison t-shirt every day that week :Dizzy: Also, Motley Crue, G&R, Skid Row, LA Guns, Winger, Faster Pussycat, among many others & OMG yes BonJovi!!! That man still gets my attention!!!
I will admit I actually camped out on BonJovi's front lawn in my younger days:Pudently:(he lived around the corner from my aunt) and I saw him in concert 27 times :Laugh:!

I now pretty much listen to anything I really like Nickel Back, but can do county, rap, now it is all christmas for the month.

Every Friday night admin and I crank the 80's like crazy people, the kids run and hide.:LOL:

TotenEngel

Banned
You'd think so, haha. She's probably more into David Hasselshoff's music. Isn't he big in Germany? :Hysterical:
lol, no idea tbh... we were in berlin for 12 days last year and went oto see VNV Nation, Chimera and D.A.D., no David Hasselhoff I'm afraid!

Ella_B

Lairian
lol, no idea tbh... we were in berlin for 12 days last year and went oto see VNV Nation, Chimera and D.A.D., no David Hasselhoff I'm afraid!
Woohoo, I saw VNV Nation about two years ago. What a great live show! Definitely gave me a new appreciation for their music, even if it's not as gritty as my usual taste. Do you listen to Obszon Geschopf?

TotenEngel

Banned
Woohoo, I saw VNV Nation about two years ago. What a great live show! Definitely gave me a new appreciation for their music, even if it's not as gritty as my usual taste. Do you listen to Obszon Geschopf?
I've seen VNV at least a dozen times hehe, I listen to old school metal and new music is mainly stuff along the VNV lines, with a bit of power noise thrown in for good measure! Haven't heard of them, but will now look them up!

ckutkuhn7

Banned
I listen to EVERYTHING except POLKA...ugh...

love my 80's hair bands - heck that was when i was just a kid, I grew up on that stuff...HOME GROWN BABY!!!

It's amazing how Bon Jovi is still so hot after all this time.

ypvsypvs

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I do listen to most kinds of music but rock/metal/punk is what I like the most.

Not particulary the hairbands though even if I do like a few of them.
They watered out metal a bit too much some of them and a few started to base their music more on synthezisers than on guitars which I find down right offensive if you call yourself a hard rock band. :Wink:

I tend to fall back on G&R, Metallica, Mötley, ac/dc, Iron Maiden, Black sabbath etc but I like a lot of the newer stuff and the things that came in between like grunge.
System of a Down, Slayer, Korn, Velvet Revolver, Rammstein are all good bands.

I really like the revival 70-80s rock has gotten lately after Guitar Hero became so popular. Band like Iron Maiden and Metallica have a lot of younger kids in their concerts now again and that pleazez Ypvsypvs. :)
Both my nephews and one of my nieces have been fostered very carefully into metal/punk and are all stuck hard on it now, hehe. Would hate to loose family to techno or trance or something. Or heavens forbid, someone like Justin Bieber.

Gullivers Keeper

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
That's the stuff I listened to in 7th and 8th grade! My first concert was my freshman year in high school... AC/DC then soon after Danzig :) I've seen Cinderella, Black Sabbath, Ratt, Page and Plant, Metallica to name a few (in concert :) Now I listen to more punk... Social Distortion being my Fav.... and a little bit of everything else from Gansta Rap to Country :LOL:

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I like all kinds of music.
TSO are one of my favorite groups.
They are awesome in concert.
Godsmack is great in concert also.
I love Bon Jovi and have seen them in concert.
I have also seen AC/DC,Kiss,Metalica and Ozzfest.
I have been to the 80's tour with Poison ect.
Bon Jovi has always been one of my favs.
I love Nickelback Ect
I have seen the Crue and the Scorpians also in concert.

t

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
wouldn't be considered a 'headbanger" but i do enjoy older big hair hands :) i don't really have a defined music i like though.. i guess we fit the stereo type of handbanger w/ the tattoos. we both have a few. but wouldn't say we really "fit" in the catagory... more like wonder into the catagory here and there :)

kiennasmom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I will admit I actually camped out on BonJovi's front lawn in my younger days:Pudently:(he lived around the corner from my aunt) and I saw him in concert 27 times :Laugh:!

I now pretty much listen to anything I really like Nickel Back, but can do county, rap, now it is all christmas for the month.

Every Friday night admin and I crank the 80's like crazy people, the kids run and hide.:LOL:
OMG!! That is TOOOO cool!! Did you ever get to meet him???

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Whenever the girls and I are in the car, it's Metallica and Led Zeppelin:BigSmile:

NightSpidy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I wouldn't say I was a headbanger, but if one were to listen to what is on my nano, they would find an array of artists/types of music: Metallica, My Chemical Romance, Skid Row, Linkin Park (saw them live, they rocked!), Aerosmith (saw them too), Phil Collins, lotsa 80's music, classical, instrumental, world, soft rock, pop, and even a little country on there too.

Gullivers Keeper

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Oh man Skid Row... I was so in love with Sebastien Bach!! "We are the youth gone wild... na na na na na.. na ......" :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

LucyFurrr

Lairian
I love the threads this morning! One on tattoos and one on bangers! Yeah! You could call me that, I`m more of a `metal head`as opposed to a banger. I listen to extreme metal... Death and Black are my preference. I`d list some bands here, but almost nobody ever recognizes the names lol...

kaoticharmony

Banned
Oh how I love my 80s and 90s bands!!! Poison, LA Guns, WASP, Zodiac Mindwarp, Motorhead, Ratt, KISS, Loudness, Vinnie Vincent, Bang Tango, Twisted Sister, EZO....etc

oh and not to forget Alice Cooper!

I miss those days!!! ........but I have enough stories to write a book.

I also love Manson, NIN, Tool... I like alot of music!

Gullivers Keeper

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Oh how I love my 80s and 90s bands!!! Poison, LA Guns, WASP, Zodiac Mindwarp, Motorhead, Ratt, KISS, Loudness, Vinnie Vincent, Bang Tango, Twisted Sister, EZO....etc

oh and not to forget Alice Cooper!

I miss those days!!! ........but I have enough stories to write a book.

I also love Manson, NIN, Tool... I like alot of music!
I've seen Motorhead too!! And Alice Cooper just played a private show at my managers meeting this year in California... Just us and maybe 1000 of our closest friends... Bass player... HOT :Adore:

Attachments

kiennasmom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Oh man Skid Row... I was so in love with Sebastien Bach!! "We are the youth gone wild... na na na na na.. na ......" :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:
Me too!! He was yummy back then! {singing along with Gulliver's Keeper} " They call us problem child, we spend our lives on trial, we walk an endless mile, we are the youth gone wild!! " :Cool::LOL:
Thanks for the walk down memory lane. Man, now I'm gonna have to listen to that on my drive to work tomorrow cuz I'll have it stuck in my head all flippin' night....