Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Healing Vibes for Yoda and Company

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Needing some healing vibes for our 3 nakeds at home! Yoda vomited once last Friday morning (it was a raw chicken giblet I gave him for the first time). Fast forward to Sunday, my moms two new babies we've had just over a week both projectile vomit and have loose stool/diarrhea, but both still playing and acting completely normal otherwise. Then I wake up at 5 am today with Yoda as he was vomiting, and he was having diarrhea this morning in the box :( He was totally fine all weekend, we even took a trip to Pet Valu with him yesterday to pick out a new toy! He has never had diarrhea in the 5 months I've had him. He must've had two in the night, and I watched him have 2 more small diarrhea poops which both seemed to have mucus. We've called the vet and asked if they should come in, although little Niko was just in on Saturday for a sore ear (vet mentioned he might have the loose stool from the new Lysine chews he started getting). The only factors that I feel could be causing it, is we fed them a raw chicken heart last Thursday that they shared, a raw chicken neck Friday they had for lunch (pretty sure the kittens stole some as they made a mess on the floor with it!), or the new water fountain I purchased for them last week. I feel like a crazy cat lady, so worried about our babies! I'm hoping it's just a stomach bug and they'll be fine on their own. Guess we'll see what the vet says when they call. Sorry for my rant to whoever reads this entire thing!

Attachments

• Letty.jpg
    Letty.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 39
  • Niko & Yoda.jpg
    Niko & Yoda.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Sending lots of healing vibes to Yoda and the babies!
It's a whole new situation for Yoda and the little ones so maybethe vomiting and diarrhea is cause by stress? Or maybe the raw chicken heart was a bit too much or not okay?
Anyhow hopefully they feel better soon. Hugs for you

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Bailey21 Healing vibes sentry Yoda Niko and Letty
I would definitely stop the raw and no treats

Are you able to give them a little 100% pure canned pumpkin?
Is good for poo issues

Also did the vet suggest fecal sample checks?

Any updates?
Did you tslk with your vet ?

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Toa and Ross Thank you! I was worried it could've been the chicken heart, I picked up the hearts and gizzards from the grocery store, it was only $2?

@Yoda mom I have this supplement called Slippery Elm Powder (Thrive brand) that my raw food company makes (helps constipation/diarrhea) I gave him some of that this morning to help sooth his tummy. :( I noticed they also do sell the pure pumpkin so I was planning on picking some up my next pet store trip but it's a powdered version?

My mom @denise irwin actually called and spoke with the receptionist, she was supposed to relay the info to the vet and call us back with his suggestion/advice. Haven't received the call back yet :grumpy:

I'm going to see how he once I'm home for work, if he doesn't have any interest in his supper I'm going to call myself and book an appointment. I know they told me his bloodwork was perfect when he had his neuter back in March but things can change at any time. These little guys sure do keep me worried lol. At least Letty and Niko had good poops this morning, hopefully Yoda will follow suit! He was still keeping me awake go go going on his wheel at 5:30 am :ROFLMAO:

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Bailey21 . @denise irwin Positive vibes continued

I have heard of the slippery elm powder
But have not used powdered pumpkin

Looking forward to positive updates!

Ps- welco,e to the 530 am stargate club! :)
"Go Yoda Go!"
Hope the little ones join the stargate club soon too

I tell ya these sphynxies keep us om our toes with their tummies n bums

I know woth the dogs my vet will have me withhold food to give body chance to reset -
So,etching you can ask your vet sbout if you should withhold food over night ?
Just brain storming

denise irwin

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
@yodamom

Letty and Niko seem to have pounced back with flying colours. Once i knoe their poop is 100% normal again i will start the lysine chews again and see if they get the runs if not one mote thing ruled out. I honestly think it was the heart as their tummies are too little. Cant thank enough for all your advise as i have been in panick mode for 2 days. Niko was actually suckling my face at 330 am . Both of them have joined the star gate life and get on it by themselves now lol so cute

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Yoda mom

Staff member
@denise irwin , thank you for keeping us updated !
Lol glad they joined the star gate club!
Can't wait for pics and videos!

Continued Positve vibes to Yoda!
Will be checking in for updates!

Head smooches sent!

denise irwin

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
@yodamom

Here is a short one of Letty not sure hoe good the quality will be lol

Yoda mom

Staff member
@denise irwin , @Bailey21

Ah love it! So glad the stargate worked out!

Have you tried just holding your index finger up on the track in front of them ? Keeping your finger still in one place -

or the laser spot in one stationary spot ahead of them on the track

It was a technique I got Toby to go go go all on his own non stop

I created a monster !

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Yoda mom they do like the finger trick! They basically respond to anything,treats, toys, fingers, they’re crazy!! They hop on all by themselves now no stimulation needed which is so cute except at 5 am lol! But I wake up smiling knowing he loves it and it was worth the time and money. Thanks to your tips and tricks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yoda mom

Staff member
I swear it's the best cat toy I ever bought! Expensive but at least well used and enjoyed and good for them to exercise!

Lol at least it won't end up in a basket of misfit unloved cat toys! Lol
That's why I got the stargate! No more little cute toys I found cute to buy that they thought meh

denise irwin

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
@yodamom

Yeah never been so excited about a poop b4 . Letty just had a solid one. Thats my girl

Yoda mom

Staff member
image.jpeg
Ps - the cat dancer toy is the only other toy well used and loved
Cheap two bucks simple
But lasts
Amd I can put it around door knob and bend it for bouncing paw play!
Its a a kitty proof safe toy for my crew

Keep us updated on poo patrol

@denise irwin , good news!
Yah

Lol welcome to the sphynx poo patrol club!

denise irwin

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
@yodamom

Cant thank you enough for all help through this stressful time. When i get married next year we shoukd meet for dinner b4 we get on the ship.

denise irwin

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
@yodamom

Have samples of both letty and niko poop (a liquid and normal for niko and normal for letty) in the fridge and will drop off at vet today. wish me luck . Im becomming a total basket case with worry

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
At this point I'm convinced whatever they have is contagious, as our 3 legged fur kitty in the house had a soft poop this morning which is very unusual for her. Tomorrow can't come any sooner for the results of the fecal tests! That being said, does anybody have any recommendations on how to safely disinfect/sanitize a litter box if the results come back positive for Giardia or something similar?

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Yoda mom very patiently waiting to hear back from the vet with the results for the fecal tests. They had to send them away to be tested at the lab, we should be getting results back from that soon. I hate waiting!!! Yoda's stool seemed to be worse today. Very much hoping the samples will give us the answer!

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Yoda mom Well so far the vet has gotten 2 of the 4 samples back and they said those two were normal (Niko and Letty’s) no results yet for Yoda. At least everybody had normal poops this morning! But I was really hoping that the poop would tell us something, nothing is worse! The receptionist mentioned if diarrhea continues they would need a sample of that to send off for more intensive testing. Poop patrol is not over yet !!
0c1352022d0fdb4b4d268c7a86231006.jpg

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Also forgot to mention I’m going to empty and disinfect every litter box too incase it was just a stomach bug, I don’t want anybody to re-catch it through the litter. Will update if anything changes! Head smootches from the clan sent your way also

Back