Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Health Testing

AnomalousSphynx

Lairian
I’m aware of the basic health testing such as HCM, FELV/FIV, FIP, however what other health testing do you guys suggest doing. I was looking at the UC Davis Lab and they seem to have a large selection of tests.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
I’m aware of the basic health testing such as HCM, FELV/FIV, FIP, however what other health testing do you guys suggest doing. I was looking at the UC Davis Lab and they seem to have a large selection of tests.
Honestly, if there are no issues of illness or concern, we just see the vets yearly. :)

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Here in the Netherlands they're not into resting when there are no health issues. It's great you look into it!

Condo commando

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I think HCM testing is probably the only one that you might want to look into. Other than that, I think I agree with the suggestion to see the vet once a year for regular screening. I'm assuming your cats are indoors the whole time so it's not like they'd be exposed to all kinds of stuff like outdoor cats.