Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Healthy canned food

SnappleSpice

Lairian
I have two kittens (6 months and 10 weeks) that are currently on two different, wet-food-only diets. I'm not confident in my ability to feed them a good raw diet (I can barely prepare food for myself!), and I've heard it's best to stick to wet food until they are over a year old. I would love your opinions on which brands of wet kitten food are the best!

My older kitten eats Royal Canin Kitten Food. I have heard only good things about this food, but it is EXPENSIVE - my boy eats A LOT (two 5.8 oz cans a day), and I really need to switch to a more affordable brand. My other kitten has been fed Friskies by the breeder - I heard this was not the best, and so I'm looking to switch him over to something else as well.

I order my cat food through Amazon. I was looking at the ingredients of other wet kitten foods on Amazon and I found that Purina Pro Plan lists chicken, liver, and fish as the first three ingredients. It is also cheaper than Royal Canin, so I'm thinking this might be a good option?

admin

Administrator
Staff member
I have two kittens (6 months and 10 weeks) that are currently on two different, wet-food-only diets. I'm not confident in my ability to feed them a good raw diet (I can barely prepare food for myself!), and I've heard it's best to stick to wet food until they are over a year old. I would love your opinions on which brands of wet kitten food are the best!

My older kitten eats Royal Canin Kitten Food. I have heard only good things about this food, but it is EXPENSIVE - my boy eats A LOT (two 5.8 oz cans a day), and I really need to switch to a more affordable brand. My other kitten has been fed Friskies by the breeder - I heard this was not the best, and so I'm looking to switch him over to something else as well.

I order my cat food through Amazon. I was looking at the ingredients of other wet kitten foods on Amazon and I found that Purina Pro Plan lists chicken, liver, and fish as the first three ingredients. It is also cheaper than Royal Canin, so I'm thinking this might be a good option?
We have used Science Diet for years with no issues. Also, here is a good poll on cat food - what brand cat food do you use? :)

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Most people free feed kibbles and give wet food twice a day. There are a lot of brands that are good enough. Most important thing is that your kittens do good on it.