Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Heart Monster

Gizzymom

Banned
Hello everyone. My name is Gizmo, but my mommy calls me Gizzy. I was up early and I want to share my good news, but mommy is still sleeping. So I decided to send a message to the wonderful people my mom talks about all the time.

Last week, mom came home one night and was very sad. She was cuddling me extra close (not that I minded) and then told me about a mommy she knows named Shauntay who loves her baby Douche just as much as she loves me. Is that possible? She told me that Douche had been very sick because he was born with a monster inside his heart that had just caused him to pass away at 5 years old!! That is more than 2 years younger than me!! And she also told me that many of her friends have had babies that this monster killed ... and many friends who have babies with this monster living inside them. No wonder she was so sad :Cry:

So I decided that I was going to see what I could do to fight this monster. I got on mommy's computer the next day and found out about this wonderful monster slayer named Meurs. (I wonder if that sounds like purrs). She has already found this monster in other types of kitties, but not in the naked ones like me. If she finds the monster in nakeds, maybe we can get rid of this monster altogether one day. So I read her site. She needs blood from nakeds that have this monster living inside them and blood from nakeds 8 years or older, so she can compare the two and find the monster. But I am only 7. :Cry:

So I found out some more information from friends of the "monster slayer" and I found out this morning that since my birthday is in February (5 days before mommy's), that Meurs needs MY help to slay the monster!!!:Surprise:

So next week I have to go get some of my blood taken out to send to Meurs to help slay the dragon. I am going to be brave because no one should be sad that their baby has a monster inside their heart - That is not fair. :Angry:

So I am going to be brave for Douche and the other naked babies who this monster has already taken and I am going to be brave for all the naked babies that have this monster living inside them. I hope my blood helps and no more mommas or babies have to suffer. :Cry:

Well... I think I hear mom... I have to tell her my good news and get some breakfast!:Smile:

Bye!
Love, Gizzy

Last edited:

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Made me cry also.
I think it is great you are donating blood for the research.
I know to many people that have HCM positive cats and many breeders that stopped breeding sphynx after they lost their cats to HCM.

firehillqueen

Banned
Hello. My name is Cadeau, but sometimes my mommy calls me Pinky. I am only one year old but I have heard of this scary monster. The kitty who lived here before me was a handsome black sphynx named Singe. The terrible monster took him away from my mommy when he was only a little older that I am now. I get scared and stalk around trying to make sure that monster isn't still hiding here under chairs and in dark corners. But my mommy holds me and tells me that she will do what she can to keep me and my sisters safe. She says even though Tosca is old, like 10 or better, and she is going to give some of her blood to this monster slayer in hope that she carries a secret there to help all of us who the monster threatens.

Gizzymom

Banned
Hello. My name is Cadeau, but sometimes my mommy calls me Pinky. I am only one year old but I have heard of this scary monster. The kitty who lived here before me was a handsome black sphynx named Singe. The terrible monster took him away from my mommy when he was only a little older that I am now. I get scared and stalk around trying to make sure that monster isn't still hiding here under chairs and in dark corners. But my mommy holds me and tells me that she will do what she can to keep me and my sisters safe. She says even though Tosca is old, like 10 or better, and she is going to give some of her blood to this monster slayer in hope that she carries a secret there to help all of us who the monster threatens.

Please tell Tosca to be brave... that we are helping to save more kitties like us. And tell her thank you from my mommy...

Don't worry about the monster... It sounds like you have a great mommy who will keep you safe. :Smile:

JacksMom

Banned
Way to go Gizzy, you're the ROCK! Be brave little soul, I have a feeling mom's gonna do something extra special for you on your big day. Thanks for sharing, too, Giz, we all love you:Adore::Adore:

Gullivers Keeper

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
My name is Gulliver and this monster lives inside me and it makes my mommy so sad she says not fair that I'm not even 2 years old. She worries every day if I feel okay. Thank you for helping, my mommy never wants anyone to be so sad. Maybe next time I go to the doctor she can take some blood from me too?

Gizzymom

Banned
My name is Gulliver and this monster lives inside me and it makes my mommy so sad she says not fair that I'm not even 2 years old. She worries every day if I feel okay. Thank you for helping, my mommy never wants anyone to be so sad. Maybe next time I go to the doctor she can take some blood from me too?

Oh, Gulliver... that would be great if you also could help other kitties. I'm so sorry that you have the monster... but I hope you hold the monster at bay for a long, long time so you and your mommy can spend lots of time together... That monster is very horrible. :Angry:

Thanks for helping, Gulliver.. and keep fighting!:ThumbsUp:

Hi, I'm Dita. I sneak onto mommy computer sometimes to check my facebook and read about the other nakeds that mommy talks about.

I'm 11, and mommy thinks I should help slay the monster too.

My litter sister has the monster, but she doesn't live with us. Mommy says I have to get a scan, and then if I don't have the monster I can help to kill it, I hope I don't have a monster in me. I want to help so my mommy never has to cry again when another mommy looses a naked baby. :ThumbsDown:

Gizzymom

Banned
Hi, I'm Dita. I sneak onto mommy computer sometimes to check my facebook and read about the other nakeds that mommy talks about.

I'm 11, and mommy thinks I should help slay the monster too.

My litter sister has the monster, but she doesn't live with us. Mommy says I have to get a scan, and then if I don't have the monster I can help to kill it, I hope I don't have a monster in me. I want to help so my mommy never has to cry again when another mommy looses a naked baby. :ThumbsDown:

Dita, If we are 8 or older, we do not need the scan in order to help slay the monster!! That Meurs monster slayer said that if there is no signs of heart problems (like something called a murmur), then no scan is necessary. I'm not sure what that murmur thing is. I know I purrrr, but not murrrr. weird.

So that is all you need to do, Dita is give some of your blood to the monster slayer. Have your mommy fill out the form at this link:

Can you help our Sphynx friends?

the form is the link right above that other naked kitty's picture. and then follow the directions to send it in. And you will be helping to slay the monster too..Just like me!:ThumbsUp:

Also, my mommy said something about having to go soon cuz if this monster slayer has enough of us helping her by the end of the year, people are going to give her money to help us find the monster. :Smile:

Thanks for helping, Dita!

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Gizzy, you're a brave little cat for wanting to slay this "heart monster"! :ThumbsUp:

Piglet is over 8 years old and is luckily not affected by HCM...so she'll like to send in a blood sample as well. Piglet lost her Siamese BFF Sydney to HCM last July, so she wants to do all she can to help beat this awful disease.

Bella07

Banned
Gizzy, you are one thoughtful special little guy! I am so happy that this monster doesn't live inside you, and now you can help support all the other Sphynx kitties. Tell your mommy that we are so grateful for her kindess and for letting you use the computer even when she's sleeping.

Gizzymom

Banned
Gullivers Keeper & Sydkat7:

Did you guys see that link for donating that I posted?

It would be GREAT if SL was sending FOUR samples for the study!!! I know if Dr. Meurs gets her quota before 1/1/11, she qualifies for some large grant, so if you you can do it before the, that would be awesome!!:ThumbsUp:

Gullivers Keeper

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I saw it and I am going to try to get mama to take me the vet before the end of the year, I was going to try to go today but with a wind chill of -15 I can't bear to go outside I'm afraid my tail might fall off :Cry: Hopefully soon it will get above freezing when mommy has a day off and we can go then :ThumbsUp:

AmazonGoddess

Lairian
Hi Gizzy and everyone else! This is Teeka, sneaking onto my mommy's laptop while she's at work.

I just want to send licks and purrs to everyone who is helping fight that nasty monster. I'm almost 4 years old and was scanned almost 3 years ago and even though THAT was scary (I don't like those machines!) I don't seem to have that monster inside me (which is good because mommy says I'm enough of a monster without any assistance!).

To everyone who is helping all our brothers and sisters, thank you.

Princess Kisses to you all.

And now I have to go beat on my big, hairy brother just to remind him who's in charge.

Teeka.

Back