Heartbroken - Oogie's still single | Sphynxlair

Heartbroken - Oogie's still single

Discussion in 'Sphynx Cat Tails' started by Luvmysphynx, Jun 10, 2009.

1. Luvmysphynx

LuvmysphynxSenior Lairian Senior Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $292.00
    Ratings:
    +62
    I was so excited for Scarlett to join the family, but I guess it wasn't ment to be. For some reason the rescue stopped returning my calls or e-mails, for about a week now, and I noticed she's no longer on Petfinder :( So I guess my quest to find a suitable companion for Oogie continues. If anyone hears of a Sphynx anywhere within a 8-10 hour drive of Las Vegas (possible willing to drive further for the right cat), let me know! Male or female doesn't matter, I'd prefer another adult, although if a kitten needed rescueing I might be interested, but I'm really not interested in buying a kitten. All my cats have always been rescues, I have no interest in showing or breeding, and would much rather give a cat that really needs a good home a 2nd chance at a great life!

2. ilovemysphynx

ilovemysphynxAdministrator Staff Member

Sphynx Bucks:
    $6,132.16
    Ratings:
    +3,086
    • Fish
    • Dragon fly
    • Candy
    heartbroken-Oogie's stsingle

I was so excited for Scarlett to join the family, but I guess it wasn't ment to be. For some reason the rescue stopped returning my calls or e-mails, for about a week now, and I noticed she's no longer on Petfinder :( So I guess my quest to find a suitable companion for Oogie continues. If anyone hears of a Sphynx anywhere within a 8-10 hour drive of Las Vegas (possible willing to drive further for the right cat), let me know! Male or female doesn't matter, I'd prefer another adult, although if a kitten needed rescueing I might be interested, but I'm really not interested in buying a kitten. All my cats have always been rescues, I have no interest in showing or breeding, and would much rather give a cat that really needs a good home a 2nd chance at a great life!

So sorry to hear this but maybe it was not meant to be:Cry:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2009
  3. sydkat7

sydkat7V.I.P Lairian V.I.P Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $476.00
    Ratings:
    +658
    Lovemysphynx, I'm so sorry to hear that the adoption of Scarlett didn't work out. :Cry: I wonder what happened to make the shelter not return your calls and such; you'd think that the least they could have done is offer you an explanation of why Scarlett wasn't available for adoption anymore.

As for a new buddy for Oogie, you may want to check the Yahoo sphynx rescue group at: http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/sphynxrescue/
    They always have people looking for new homes for their sphynx, but you'll have to check the site often as the sphynx listed seem to get rehomed fast. You can also post stating your desire to find a sphynx to adopt as well.

This site was where I found my sphynx baby Piglet. I lucked out as I found her within a few days of posting on the site and she was located in Colorado, too! I'll keep my fingers crossed that you'll find a new sphynx there soon. :ThumbsUp:

4. admin

adminAdministrator Staff Member

Sphynx Bucks:
    $277,522.70
    Ratings:
    +17,659
    • Pig
    • Venus Fly trap
    • Black Sphynx
    • Skull head
    Sorry to here that Luvmysphynx, I think you are right, it was just not meant to be. Im sure you will find the right one. It just takes time. We will be crossing our finers for you!:ThumbsUp:

5. Luvmysphynx

Sphynx Bucks:
    $292.00
    Ratings:
    +62
    Thank you for the link and info! Yes, I would have hoped they'd have at least told me why, I don't know if something happened with Scarlett, or if the foster mom couldn't give her up, or what happened for sure! But I'll find Oogie a friend, I'm not in a huge rush! I just want to find the right cat that needs the kind of home I can offer!

6. kalliee129

kalliee129Senior Lairian Senior Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $371.02
    Ratings:
    +56
    So sorry to hear about scarlett, I'm sure it just meant there is another cat out there who is going to need you so much more.

7. Luvmysphynx

Sphynx Bucks:
    $292.00
    Ratings:
    +62
    I'm sure that's it! I would have loved Ms Scarlett, but I know there's another Sphynx who needs the type of home I can offer, I've had a few breeders with retired show cats or breeding cats they've offered me, but I'm gravitating towards a 7 year old male, his owners are moving and can't take him with, he's about 2 hrs closer then Oogie was when I got Oogie, and I know at 7 it's going to be a bit difficult for them to find him the right home! But I haven't actually spoken to them, I only know what their ad on a classified site says, so I have no idea what his personality is like or if he'd even be a good match for Oogie, which is my main reason behind wanting a 2nd.

8. kalliee129

kalliee129Senior Lairian Senior Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $371.02
    Ratings:
    +56
    That is actually how I got Meecho. The owner only had her for maybe a month at the most when they found they were going to move to a smaller home. I think they lied about that though. When I found the breeder she contacted them and they never said anything about moving, but talked about behavioral problems they had with her. They told her they had to tie her to a litter box to try to get her to use it and she was really really stinky and some other things. I got her and yeah she reaked, but after changing her food that was gone in like 4 days and I NEVER had a problem with her litter box and now she is so much closer to actually using a toilet. Oh well they couldn't do it and I got a 5 month old baby who is more precious to me then anything else in the world.

9. Luvmysphynx

Sphynx Bucks:
    $292.00
    Ratings:
    +62
    Ya, that's how I feel about Oogie! His former home just couldn't give him the care he needed - their loss! He's such a wonderful cat!!!