Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Heated Cat Beds

bellasmom

Banned
I noticed a lot of people use the heated cat beds. What is the best type to buy? I saw quit a few on amazon.com and didnt know what ones were the best. Bella def. needs one to help with her not crying all the time to get into our bed AND my electric blanket just died a few days ago. Man we loved that thing!! I might miss it more than she does!!

Nofuratu

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I would think any would be good...
We have one that doesnt heat up unless the cat sits on it, and then it only heats to regular feline body temperature. That is definetely safer....but you have to get the cat to sit on it for it to heat up....We use that one at the store in Nofuratu's coffin bed, since he always sits in it no matter what and I dont have to worry too much if it gets left on after closing hours.
We have a couple others that are just regular human heating pads and those I have to watch and make sure they dont get left on, or get too hot.
Nofuratu and I also love our heating blanket on our bed...dont know what we would do without it in winter!

Adventures of A Naked Cat

susi794

Staff member
I just use the heated throws from Sunbeam--that way anything I decide is a bed is a heated one. They are $30.00 at the moment at WalMart, but I bought several of them on Black Friday two years ago for $17 a piece. Other than washing time, they have been on non-stop for two years. I have them in all my bassinettes and the cats love them. I even took a plastic bin and laid it on its side, put the heated throw in with a blankie on top--instant cat house! Doesn't look gorgeous, but stops breezes from the rear, feels like a cave and is the most popular snoozing place in the house.

Gizzymom

Banned
I purchased about a month ago, two heating pads from Sunbeam that have timers. I am paranoid about leaving heating pads on when I am not home, so this is ideal. Gizzy has one on the couch downstairs and one on my bed upstairs. And they only take like 5 minutes to heat up.:ThumbsUp:

susi794

Staff member
The things I use aren't heating pads--don't like them either--these are heated throws. Like electric blankets. Work great and I never turn them off.

brnsugarbaybie

Lairian
I would think any would be good...
We have one that doesnt heat up unless the cat sits on it, and then it only heats to regular feline body temperature. That is definetely safer....but you have to get the cat to sit on it for it to heat up....We use that one at the store in Nofuratu's coffin bed, since he always sits in it no matter what and I dont have to worry too much if it gets left on after closing hours.
We have a couple others that are just regular human heating pads and those I have to watch and make sure they dont get left on, or get too hot.
Nofuratu and I also love our heating blanket on our bed...dont know what we would do without it in winter!

Adventures of A Naked Cat

I have the type...got it on amazon. It works well

pooner

Banned
When I get home tonight I'll look to see what brand Pooner's bed is. We only turn it off in the summertime. It never gets too hot so I don't have to worry.

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
We have the same type of bed that Nofuratu described. Nudie uses it during the day and seems to love it. It has a little hooded cover on it to keep the heat in as well:BigSmile:

TotenEngel

Banned
At the moment, our heated beds are blankets on the radiators LOL
However, Smeagol is gonna have a shock fairly soon when he goes to curl up there and doesn't fit anymore!! They are about 4" wide so I think he'll be fine to the end of winter this year (If we haven't moved house by then!)

Back