Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Heating pads and beds!

Kink

Lairian
Hi all!
Now that its winter I am hoping to find an cheaper way to keep my cats warm since my last electricity bill was $700! I have turned down the heat in my house so I am looking for alternatives to keep my two hairless ones warm. They have been laying under blankets while I am away at work but I was hoping that there is some sort of heated bed that is safe to leave on while I am at work. I have a heating pad but my cats dont use it because it doesn't get very warm. its just to regulate there body temperature I guess. If you have any suggestions please let me know the brands or sites I can review them on! Thanks :)

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I use a normal mattress topper heating blanket which can stay on for 10 hrs. It has several heat settings, and I put it on the sofa under a fleece. Pixie loves it. :)

topper1.jpg

With the fleece on top

topper.JPG

What's under the fleece.

It stretches the full length of the sofa.

Yoda mom

Staff member
Yikes $700 :(

I am afraid to leave heat pads or blankets plunge in when I am not home ever since a a Holmes portable Heater I got the kitties fried the outlet - glad I was home

I now use the microwaveable snuggle safe pads and out under the fleece throw blanket or in their cat bed with a throw. Kvvetsupply has them on sale now

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    19.4 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

Toa and Ross

Staff member
That's an awful lot of money!

I bought a heated "shoe" for myself but my boy took it and loves it. It's cheap and easy.

IMG_3593.JPG

Hairless Blessing

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I wouldn't leave any heating pad on while gone.
Many stories of them shorting out and catching on fire.
If you have plenty of throws and they can get in your bed
to burrrow, they will be fine. Can you keep your heat on
60° that will be warm enough, while your gone.

celsei

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I leave an electric blanket with a timer and overheat protection on on low, stays on for up to 8 hours. I think most modern/quality ones have overheat protection and on a low setting it should be safe. I'd be careful with anything dodgy/not from a reputable company for these things. Ones with more heat settings than just 2 are nice, otherwise there might not be a good/low enough option. Mine has 5 and I keep it on one or two, gets kinda hot at 2. My cats aren't really good at burrowing, mostly they just yell to be tucked in or curl in a ball if I'm not around - if yours are they might be ok on their own with blankets. Something like a snug cave bed that'll help them trap their body heat is great, they're quite good at staying warm as long as they're covered. If you can find a safe setup for a small space heater/radiator they gravitate to those to keep themselves warm too

Sheldon13

Staff member
I use the K&H heated pad for pets. I've had mine for a year and a half and it still works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Erica Martinez

Lairian
My babies love the fleece blankets which keeps them warm and once they're under the blankets their body temp keeps them warm. Or when you're hm you can get the cat onesie and cuddle them. Best xmas gift ever!!
46ef9797d64cf1b514b49accf2ed8e3f.jpg

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

Back