Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Helen's tongue gave me road rash.

Brooke

Banned
I've often joked that Helen's tongue feels like 40 grit sandpaper, and that she is trying to torture me with her licking. Well, it finally happened...

Yesterday, I took her to my Mom's house for a visit and had her on my lap. I was trying to get her to hold still for a few minutes, and the only way she was content to sit in one spot was if she could lick my arm. So, I decided I would just sit through the pain and let her lick me so I could finish what I was doing. It hurt. A lot. At times I was wincing from the pain. :Sweat:

I was only holding her like that for about 10 minutes, and no joke, today I have a road rash on my arm where she was licking me. She literally took the top layer of my skin off with her razor tongue! I hope I never pass out or go unconscious alone at home or I'm bound to end up permanently disfigured!

Intruders beware! :LOL:

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
:LOL: Your poor arm!

It's funny because sometimes when I get home from work and before I can take a shower and wash my face Meecho gives me this look like "Gosh mom can't you ever stay clean" and I swear she will give out a huff and then set to work on my face. If only she knew what it takes for me to sit there for a minute and let her have her way. I'm scared one day I'm gonna come in to work with road rash all over my face. How will I ever explain that?? :Hysterical: It's was bad enough when Noble my pekingese ran into me head first and gave me a concussion and a bump the size of an egg on my forehead :LOL:

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Wow sounds like Leo the other night but he has been licking my face and when he hits my lips ouch!!!! I don't belive she left A mark! I really think that there toungs get rougher with age because I don't remember it hurting that bad when he was small, and the kittens lick me all the time and it's not that bad? hmmm could this be?

Brooke

Banned
Wow sounds like Leo the other night but he has been licking my face and when he hits my lips ouch!!!! I don't belive she left A mark! I really think that there toungs get rougher with age because I don't remember it hurting that bad when he was small, and the kittens lick me all the time and it's not that bad? hmmm could this be?

Oh No!! Remember, I just found out she's only 6 years old. If her tongue is going to get rougher with age, I may not survive the next 6 years! I may need a skin graft next time!

Every night when I go to bed, she lays on my chest with her head facing me, tongue poised, ready to lash out at any exposed skin. I've had to start sleeping with the blanket over my face to protect myself. And when I fall asleep, the blanket falls down and she swipes her tongue across my eyelid! I swear, I've had to check to make sure my eyelid was still attached. It burns for half an hour afterwards! She just lays there, awake, staring at me, waiting for the blanket to fall down so she can get a swipe at my skin.

Sometimes I'll move her over and wrap the blanket all the way over her head and she'll lick the blanket for an hour until she falls asleep. She's definitely got some weird licking fetish.

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
She still has 4 years on Leo and I just check the babies it a little rough but not half as bad? Hm ok who know the answer? Lets hope I am wrong for all of our sake!

kerrie78

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Its hard to say no it is so cute when they do it but dang! Someone needs to invent "soft tongue" ; like the soft claws but for their tongues!

Hairlesslove

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Got to love Sand Paper Kisses♥! LOL!:LOL:Mickey likes to give our 4 year old daughter sand paper kisses-All she says is OUCH.....OUCH!.....LOL! So funny!

lovinsphynx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
ahhh the tall tell sign of sphynx love :BigSmile: Sanura licked me like that one time while i was sleeping, right on the chin and it woke me up from the pain and sure enough i was bleeding, it looked like i did a face plant on the carpet. needless to say when i see her coming i cover my face.

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hmmm, I don't have that problem at all with Piglet...she's not much of a licker. My Siamese aren't either...they'll lick my hand occasionally, but not for long periods of time. Maybe it's because my skin tastes bad? :Wink:

streakin

Lairian
At least you get the arm licked... Kram goes for my eyelids! OUCH! :Shok: LOL!

This happened to me the other day...OMG I've never felt any lick that hurt that much! I feel really bad pushing Xerxes away because I know he loves to be affectionate, but it really hurts me :Cry: I dont want him to get his feeling hurt.....but I physically hurt when he wants to lick me all over!

harley

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
:LOL: I feel so lucky now...Harley does not lick me hardly at all with his tounge..He just takes his nose and rubs it up and down my face or neck to give kisses...now I know another reason to love him...:BigSmile:

Moonstone

Lairian
I've often joked that Helen's tongue feels like 40 grit sandpaper, and that she is trying to torture me with her licking. Well, it finally happened...

Yesterday, I took her to my Mom's house for a visit and had her on my lap. I was trying to get her to hold still for a few minutes, and the only way she was content to sit in one spot was if she could lick my arm. So, I decided I would just sit through the pain and let her lick me so I could finish what I was doing. It hurt. A lot. At times I was wincing from the pain. :Sweat:

I was only holding her like that for about 10 minutes, and no joke, today I have a road rash on my arm where she was licking me. She literally took the top layer of my skin off with her razor tongue! I hope I never pass out or go unconscious alone at home or I'm bound to end up permanently disfigured!

Intruders beware! :LOL:

hahahaha ! so funny ! I remembers me Caline...her tongue was so hard ! just like helen's one...a true torture !
:Hysterical:

lovinsphynx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
yeah sphynx tongues are alot rougher than normal cats i was shocked the first time sanura kissed me i actually winced in pain and i thought to myself, now why do their tongues have to be so rough when they really don't have fur, you would think it would hurt their sensitive skin....

Back