Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Hello all

rsmscience

Lairian
Right now I'm trying to deal with their diarrhea. I have been to the Vet a few times specifically for that issue but nothing has helped much. I tried prebiotic, probiotics, and antibiotics. I have put them on a straight meat diet of chicken and fish to see if that helps. They get to eat as much as they want during the day and have been growing and running around the house as normal. I try to feed them unseasoned meats as much as I can. I don't know what else to do.

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
Just a heads up this community is not about breeding and your post was edited due to the information you shared.

Has your vet tested for Giardia…fecal samples can come back false negative but vets will often treat for it knowing that and it will not harm them. @rsmscience

Yoda mom

Staff member
@rsmscience , welcome to the lair family. so sorry you are having issues with your babies. you can ask your vet if metronidazole (flagyl) would be indicated. changing foods often can cause issues too.

I feed my crew nutrisource cat and kitten food (no recalls ) for years and no more poo issues. they also share a can of wet food. I tried a raw diet many many years ago for my kitties and it just didnt work for them.

please keep us updated.