Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

hello every1 im new to this

trevor26

Lairian
Hi so excited im finally getting my first ever sphynx kitten at the end of jan 2011 deposit has been put down and ive been to see him i cant wait i took some pics that i will put up soon once i know how to do it lol, anyway any help tips or guidance will be great my main concern at the moment is i have a dog and i so hope they both get on shes not a vicious dog (yorkshire terrier cross jack russell) and i will introduce them both very slowly im in the process of buying things for my new boy like beds scratching post etc, if any1 knows of a good clothes shop for him that would be great to.
Anyway hi to everyone again and il look forward to keeping in touch and getting to know people and getting good advice woooooooooo i cant wait 1 month to go, and also almost forgot i have 2 rats so not sure how that will go lol so any advice would be great

trevor26

Lairian
Hello and welcome to the Lair!!
Yay for another UK-er!! lol, Sadly, we are very low on good clothing shops here, Smeagol has 4 tops from the UK and a bundle from the US lol

hi nice 2 speak to you yes ive noticed there aint much about how does yours get on wearing them tho do they normally like it

susi794

Staff member
Welcome to the Lair and our online family of friends. We're so glad you found us and are looking forward to getting to know you, your new baby, your dog and your two ratties. BTW, I had a rat named Maysie that I just adored. She got cancer and when I realized how short their little lifespans were and how deeply I bonded with her, I realized that being a rat mommy again just wasn't for me. She went everywhere with me--I'm a teacher and she came to work with me every day... she played on my desk, sat on kids' laps and listened to them read. She crawled down my shirt and squeezed into and managed to snuggle inside my bra (between "the girls") while we watched tv at night. She was my best friend and I cried myself sick when she got sick and left me to grieve her. I didn't have sphynx at that time, so I have no experience with how they will be together, but I would think if they are brought up together it shouldn't be too much of a problem. And my sphynx adore my dog.

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome trevor26 glad you have joined us! Congrats on your first sphynx, any questions just ask.
As far a clothing there are a few members in our sphynxlair mall that make cloths for the sphynx and will size them to fit!

trevor26

Lairian
Welcome trevor26 glad you have joined us! Congrats on your first sphynx, any questions just ask.
As far a clothing there are a few members in our sphynxlair mall that make cloths for the sphynx and will size them to fit!

Hi what members is that thanks for the info x

trevor26

Lairian
Welcome to the Lair and our online family of friends. We're so glad you found us and are looking forward to getting to know you, your new baby, your dog and your two ratties. BTW, I had a rat named Maysie that I just adored. She got cancer and when I realized how short their little lifespans were and how deeply I bonded with her, I realized that being a rat mommy again just wasn't for me. She went everywhere with me--I'm a teacher and she came to work with me every day... she played on my desk, sat on kids' laps and listened to them read. She crawled down my shirt and squeezed into and managed to snuggle inside my bra (between "the girls") while we watched tv at night. She was my best friend and I cried myself sick when she got sick and left me to grieve her. I didn't have sphynx at that time, so I have no experience with how they will be together, but I would think if they are brought up together it shouldn't be too much of a problem. And my sphynx adore my dog.
Hi so sorry to hear about your lovely rat i have 2 dumbo rats really hope it works with the rats and the dog lol

Hello and welcome to the Lair!

I have hairless ratties along with my 3 Sphynx. I had hairless dumbos but they got old and died :Cry:

As for my Sphynx - my Gable, he could care less about them and they have been out with him sitting right on the couch. They will pester him and he just sits there while they run around him. Amaryllis thinks they are food. Butter Jones thinks they are toys. He got into their room and stretch from the desk to the cage and put his front paws on the cage. Rattie had ahold of his toe and he had on by the head. Rat and kitten were screaming. Butters has a but of a puncture wound on his toe but that is it. Hopefully he learned that ratties are not toys. I would never leave kitties unattended with the rats of course. Just too much instinct that can kick in there.

RoobasMommy

Lairian
my main concern at the moment is i have a dog and i so hope they both get on shes not a vicious dog (yorkshire terrier cross jack russell) and i will introduce them both very slowly ..... and also almost forgot i have 2 rats so not sure how that will go lol so any advice would be great

With any animal, it depends on how you raise them and their personality. I didn't get to raise my Sphynx as you will be doing, but he does well with dogs. I think some Sphynx are 1/3 dog anyways (1/3 cat, 1/3 human also, lol).

He also does fine with rats, but again, it depends on the individual. I have three female pet Rats (a Standard, a Naked and a Double Rex Patchwork). I think they give him the creeps a little (he hates when they touch him), but like any cat, he loves to watch them.

Congratulations on the new Naked! I hope that he is everything that you ever imagined :)

Happy Holidays!

holly_savage

Banned
Welcome to the lair Trevor26. You will surely find all the advice and help you could need here.

Looking forward to seeing some pics and learning more about your baby to come.!

trevor26

Lairian
Hello and welcome to the Lair!

I have hairless ratties along with my 3 Sphynx. I had hairless dumbos but they got old and died :Cry:

As for my Sphynx - my Gable, he could care less about them and they have been out with him sitting right on the couch. They will pester him and he just sits there while they run around him. Amaryllis thinks they are food. Butter Jones thinks they are toys. He got into their room and stretch from the desk to the cage and put his front paws on the cage. Rattie had ahold of his toe and he had on by the head. Rat and kitten were screaming. Butters has a but of a puncture wound on his toe but that is it. Hopefully he learned that ratties are not toys. I would never leave kitties unattended with the rats of course. Just too much instinct that can kick in there.

aw thanks so much for that yea i probably wont leave them together alone but im hoping to get a week off work when i first get him to help him settle in

trevor26

Lairian
Welcome to the lair Trevor26. You will surely find all the advice and help you could need here.

Thank you so much i have put a few pics up from when i first seen him love at first sight lol

trevor26

Lairian

Thank u so much i do have a few pics on now from when i first seen him love at first sight just cant wait till the end of jan x

Back