Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Hello Everyone!

bleu76

Lairian
Hello!
Our family just adopted our first Sphynx kitten last week. We are all completely enamored. We named him Bleu Modigliani and he is a gorgeous, 14 week old blue boy with a few pink stripes and a pink stomach. I've been intrigued by the breed since Mr. Bigglesworth and have always wanted one~ based only on their appearance. When I began to research the breed and read the description likening their personalities to part cat/monkey/dog & child I knew that I had to one day adopt one.
Our family initially had a bad experience with a breeder who brought us a tiny, sickly, lethargic, very dirty kitten who had full fur on it's face, tail and legs and kept our $200 deposit when we declined to take him~ for fear he wouldn't make it through the night.
I learned my lesson and did my research. I found a wonderful, attentive & highly recommended breeder who gave us our beloved Bleu.
I can't believe how sweet he has been since day one. It's like he's always been a part of our family.
I look forward to meeting you!

Last edited:

susi794

Staff member
Welcome to the Lair! This is such a supportive, useful, loving place to be--a chance to share and chat with people who "get it" about how much we love our cat children. Your boy is a good looker, for sure!

bleu76

Lairian
Thank you all for the warm welcome and kind words! I'm so glad to have found this forum.

Bleu has been a real lazy bones the past few days.. sleeping in his warm blanket and lounging on the bed all day and then jumping all over us at night. I noticed tonight he was sucking on his back while asleep~ almost like he was nursing?

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Bleu is very handsome, is he a blue mackerel tabby with white? He looks like it in the second picture. And welcome to the Lair!

bleu76

Lairian
Bleu is very handsome, is he a blue mackerel tabby with white? He looks like it in the second picture. And welcome to the Lair!

Thank you! I don't know a lot about the marking classifications. I think the breeder referred to him as a blue tabby. He has a lot of pink on his stomach, ears and some pink stripes on his legs.

Inferno12

Banned
Welcome to the Lair, glad you found us! Your boy is beautiful and I love his stripes. :BigSmile:

He is just becoming comfortable if he is cuddling and playing at night. This is what a lot of them to. Johnny LOVES to burry himself in the blanket and sleep all day. As for the sucking on his back while he is sleeping, I dont have a clue but I am guessing it is a nursing in his sleep things. I dont think its anything to worry about.

What a wonderful name for a gorgeous kitty!

As for the night jumping and back sucking...sounds like a normal kitten. Mine is a year old and still likes to jump on my back at night...LOL! I have read other members commenting on their kitties doing the sucking thing so I am sure if you search the forum you will find a lot of good info!

Back