Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

hello from Al

suehallman

Lairian
I found my Katernia in a swapper mag. Since my daughter is allergic to cats we never had one and this sounded like the kind of cat for us.
When we got to the peoples house I knew we would get her just to save her. She was already declawed and living with several nasty unkept dogs, and there were 2 pitt bull pups in the yard.
She now lives with us and I am totally in love with her. She hops in my bed and paws me untill I let her under the covers where she keeps me nice and warm. She loves people and they seem to be fascinated by her.
Katerina follows me every where I go, likes to sit by the bath tub waiting for me to get out and let the water out then sits in the tub because it is so warm, then makes a dash for bed.
I masy ask a lot of dumb soounding questions because like I said I never have owned a cat like her and I want her to bve glad she lives with us

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Welcome to the lair and congratulations! Sounds like you gave this kitty a better life. Sphynx are very cool cats as you can already see- enjoy her and please post pics:BigSmile:

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Thanks for saving her and welcome to the Lair.
Has she been to the vet yet?
I would have her checked for heart murmurs and scanned for HCM.
HCM is a problem sphynx get.

TotenEngel

Banned
Welcome to the Lair and I am sure someone will be able to answer any question you possibly have!!!
and yes, pictures please else she doesnt really exist!! :LOL::LOL:

susi794

Staff member
Welcome to the Lair--looking forward to getting to know both you and your Katerina better! I'm glad she found a forever home with you. Wishing you many years of joy together, because that's what they bring.
Hugs,
Susi and the gang

maxtmill

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Welcome to the Lair! I also live in Alabama, & we have 2, soon to be 3 sphynx cats. They are wonderful! And this is coming from someone who has never been a cat person! Enjoy!

Hello & welcome! If you don't mind me asking, how are your daughter's allergies with your new sphynx baby? So glad you have provided her with a better, loving environment!​

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Welcome to the lair. I'm so glad Katerina (what a pretty name!) found her forever home with you. Ask all the questions you want, chances are someone here will have the answers. Can't wait to see your little girl!

maxtmill

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Hello again! I was wondering if when you said you found your sphynx in a swapper mag, you meant like a local classified newspaper? It is unusual to find a purebred sphynx cat advertised in a local flyer, or craigslist, etc.! Lucky for you and for her!:ThumbsUp:

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello suehallman and welcome to Sphynxlair! What a great story thanks for sharing! Please enjoy the site!:ThumbsUp:

kiennasmom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Welcome to the Lair! Thank you for giving Katerina a great forever home....soon you'll be wondering how you lived without a little hairless one in the house:ThumbsUp: Please ask all the questions you want....trust me, we all LOVE to talk about our babies and our experiences with them!

Back