Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Hello from Australia

GabbyJ

Lairian
Omg! He looks completely over their shenanigans in one of those photos :ROFLMAO:

JSal

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Omg! I can’t wait to see what his markings look like. So sweet.

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Those stripes! And the way he poses. What a charmer. Can't wait to see him in his forever home

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Those stripes! And the way he poses. What a charmer. Can't wait to see him in his forever home

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
So adorable. Thanks for sharing your baby pics with us.

Toa and Ross

Staff member

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Elon Tick tick litter patter of the heart no doubt for your stunning baby!
Following closely for updates

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Elon absolutely adorable !,

Hope all went well at the vet
Keep us updated

Condo commando

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I would suggest you have a rule for yourself and housemates that whenever somebody has to open a door, they must first eyeball your little man. This breed is extremely curious and daring. They dart through an open door in the blink of an eye.

Elon

Lairian
Thankyou for the suggestion. I am concerned about that happening while away. My plan is to secure him to a large, climate controlled room. Likely with a TV on, all necessary food and bathroom facilities. Plus toys and plenty of comfortable places to cure up for a nap.
This will be only while I'm out for work, he'll get the run of the house for extra entertainment while I'm home of an afternoon.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Elon Sounds like the room will be a perfect safe set up :)

be sure to tell guests always look down at their feet - these kitties like no other breed I ever had are always underfoot -
I had to tel guests to close toilet lid too from now on after it was left up and Toby fell in!
Same thijg with ovens , dishwashers , wash machine and dryers

I learned to open doors slowly taking a peek st the corner when I came through
I trained mine to a meet n greet spot

Kitty proof for life :)

Ps if you are microchippijg be sure to make sure Company has the correct info an update if any change of addresses or phone numbers

Condo commando

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Thankyou for the suggestion. I am concerned about that happening while away. My plan is to secure him to a large, climate controlled room. Likely with a TV on, all necessary food and bathroom facilities. Plus toys and plenty of comfortable places to cure up for a nap.
This will be only while I'm out for work, he'll get the run of the house for extra entertainment while I'm home of an afternoon.
I don't think the TV needs to be on. The room sounds like great idea.

Elon

Lairian
Love the idea of a greeting spot. I may use this.
In regards to the toilet seat.. I'm sure Toby got an unexpected bath. I have considered doing actual toilet training over litter, there are some negatives and obviously not natural for cats. What are your thoughts / experiences? I feel it may make it easier for travel, taking him into a public toilet.

Yes TV may be a bit much. Did get tranced into a YouTube clip of bird watching for cats though. Worth a look.. It's 6 hrs long. (no I didn't get to the end of the movie)

Elon

Lairian
Gotcha day has been and gone.. I'm proud to be a Sphynx dad. He's been well mannered, behaved (mostly, besides a few destroyed headphones) He has travelled well and just setting into his extra home away from home. It's his first extended time alone and away from me while I work so slightly anxious to see how he is when I return.

He also loves to sleep under heavy blankets assuming if air is limited he'll emerge for fresh air.
Here are a few recent images of his progression.

Attachments

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Elon awhhh so glad you dropped in to share adorable pics! Happy belated gotcha! What name did you decide on ?

He is just darling and adventurous!
Hugs n head smooches!

Elon

Lairian
Very welcome and I'll pass on the hugs and head smooching to Elon when I'm home.

Condo commando

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
It's easy to see how much he's grown. I'm sure you're enjoying your little buddy!

Sheldon13

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I love that last pic over the water!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro