Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Hello From Canada

OddlyNude

Lairian
Hello there we are new here from Calgary Alberta Canada.

We are excited to Join Sphynxlair and get to know fellow Sphynx lovers.

We have been owned by Sphynx since 2013 with our rescue named Lily in 2016 we decided to enter the world of breeding Sphynx had one beautiful healthy litter of 7 babies in 2016 then ran into some family health issues and took a break from breeding.

We are totally owned by 6 cats now 4 Sphynx, one Devon Rex & one Karpati LaPerm Straight. We have recently decided to go back into breeding and have chosen to focus on health by testing all our cats for HCM, PKD, FIV & FELV with a full PCR Panel and HCM screening by a board Certified Cardiologist. We have also decided to focus on bringing more beautiful odd eyed Sphynx babies into Canada.

Wish us luck here we go on a Journey we truly enjoy every single moment with our babies and can’t wait to share them with all our friends and family.

32AFB6D5-13F1-4DC8-80B3-68AB4E9BE351.jpeg
11CB92FA-1EA6-499A-8512-0B03A5493DDE.jpeg
FD631E25-7D31-4FBD-AB4B-058DB5B5B518.jpeg

851E76AE-12F8-4E68-9D63-9CFE25A75F14.jpeg
FB54C4FB-15A1-4E6C-AE50-F12BBF19AB76.jpeg
4F0689DF-F179-4DCE-AF8A-ACB4992DD1E3.jpeg

Last edited:

Yoda mom

Staff member
@OddlyNude welcome to the lair family! so happy you joined this fun friendly bunch.
your babies are adorable...what are their names?
look forward to you being an active member ...and bless you for being a responsible breeder with extensive health screening.
the breed certainly needs such love and devotion to the betterment of the breed and their health.

omg, your babies that own you are precious!!!
(((hugs)) and head smooches to all paws!

jump in and enjoy this fun friendly bunch :)
looking forward to pics and tales!

Yoda mom

Staff member
@OddlyNude , truly gorgeous kitties you are owned by :)
just the other day my mom and I were talking about odd eyed babies :)

curious, it helps all members, what shampoos, food, ear cleaners do you use?
we have several Canadian lair family members always looking for product feedback and sources

OddlyNude

Lairian
Hi there hold on there are a lot of names hahah....

The white (furry one) is a Devon Rex Rescue he is a neutered Double Champion he is odd eyed too he would have made wonderful babies if he was not neutered he has an amazing personality he loves all people, all dogs, all other cats , loves to be vacuumed, loves the bath and will not eat human food even if I try to give him human Tuna he refuses. He is not destructive and loves to cuddle.

His name is Mr. Sensi Meowgi

The greyish looking one (long hair) is a Laperm Straight he has a “new trait” to the breed he is a Karpati Color simiar to Lykoi colour except he doesn’t loose his hair he is my moms cat and he is a big baby afraid of everything lol but loves to snuggle.

His name is Dark Prince Romeo

The blue & White Tuxedo Sphynx or maybe he is Bi Colour I don’t know lol he is a huge male he is only 10 months old and already twice the size of my female he is the biggest cat in the house and has the biggest heart he can rarely sit still because he needs to go and love everyone in the house so is constantly running around from person to person to get his snuggles and he is super good as he does not spay or destroy things he just likes cuddles sometimes a little too roughly lol.

His name is Blues Clues

The white girl In the rainbow shirt with the strange odd eyes (it’s hard to tell) she has one aqua & one blue she has a very spunky personality loves to bite when she wants attention and loves to cuddle she is a chatty little thing and will follow you wherever you go but be warned your feet are not safe while sleeping lol she bites hard. She is our spoiled little pet Sphynx she will not be in our breeding program.

Her name is Dream

The last 2 little white girls are Oddessa & Oddette they are both odd eyed whites one with blue & green the other blue & yellow/gold they are 8 months and 3 months old they are coming to me at the end of January so I don’t know too much about their personality right now.

@OddlyNude welcome to the lair family! so happy you joined this fun friendly bunch.
your babies are adorable...what are their names?
look forward to you being an active member ...and bless you for being a responsible breeder with extensive health screening.
the breed certainly needs such love and devotion to the betterment of the breed and their health.

omg, your babies that own you are precious!!!
(((hugs)) and head smooches to all paws!

jump in and enjoy this fun friendly bunch :)
looking forward to pics and tales!

OddlyNude

Lairian
I don’t know about everyone else but we use Chi shampoo & conditioner for all our cats it smells good and works great and they never have issues with it being too strong for their skin

For ear cleaners we actually just use alcohol wipes and that seems to work it also really helps for the black buildup on the nails

Food we switch between a few here in Canada nature valley instinct raw boost usually the ones we go with.

@OddlyNude , truly gorgeous kitties you are owned by :)
just the other day my mom and I were talking about odd eyed babies :)

curious, it helps all members, what shampoos, food, ear cleaners do you use?
we have several Canadian lair family members always looking for product feedback and sources

Yoda mom

Staff member
@OddlyNude Awhhh great intros! feels like I am right there smiling enjoying each ones ;personalities!
very excited for you and your upcoming odd eye gotcha babies!
keep us updated !
thanks for the product info! will have to try the alcohol wipes... those are the little alcohol squares like used for diabetic injections people use?
gotta love Chi products... thanks for the Chi review!
i recently bought their Chi nail trimmers I like alot..
hugs and head smooches to all paws!

OddlyNude

Lairian
Ya I was not sure which products you have in the USA I know it’s a lot more than what we have here :) I want to move to California lol but it’s too expensive for healthcare my son had blood transfusions every 2 weeks I would be on the street from debt lol

The alcohol wipes yes the little square ones they work wonders just make sure you baby is not sensitive to them and of course don’t get it in the eyes haha .

@OddlyNude Awhhh great intros! feels like I am right there smiling enjoying each ones ;personalities!
very excited for you and your upcoming odd eye gotcha babies!
keep us updated !
thanks for the product info! will have to try the alcohol wipes... those are the little alcohol squares like used for diabetic injections people use?
gotta love Chi products... thanks for the Chi review!
i recently bought their Chi nail trimmers I like alot..
hugs and head smooches to all paws!

Cinafina

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hello and welcome to you and your gorgeous family! They are all so stunning :love: Massive kudos for doing all the health checks before breeding, and I'm sure you will have healthy and beautiful babies.

Pixel

Lairian
Welcome! We also live in Calgary! We have one sphynx kitten and an 8 year old Devon Rex. We are also contemplating a LaPerm too! Would love to hear more about where you got yours as well as how they all interact together. Pixel is currently driving Malbec insane with his relentless rough play. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zab

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Warmest welcome! Love your stunning crew! I just gotta say that focus on the health is music to my ears (and to anyone who has lost a baby to some of those things). Odd eyes are rare here in Sweden where I live, it's like the holy grail of the sphynx. I would love to own one some day... Good luck to you and keep us posted!

CathyO

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Welcome @OddlyNude - I warn u this site and this friendly community is as addicting as our sphynxes haha I mean my morning coffee ain’t the same without it.

I smiled when I read the name Blues Clues haha where is the “handy dandy ——notebook!” Nostalgia to the max.

I’ve heard of Karpati colouring but never really saw one in “real” photos much less on an already rare La Perm breed. How do La Perms compare to Sphynxes in Personality? Are they more active or more similar to a Domestic?

Hugs from Toronto,

CO

OddlyNude

Lairian
Welcome @OddlyNude - I warn u this site and this friendly community is as addicting as our sphynxes haha I mean my morning coffee ain’t the same without it.

I smiled when I read the name Blues Clues haha where is the “handy dandy ——notebook!” Nostalgia to the max.

I’ve heard of Karpati colouring but never really saw one in “real” photos much less on an already rare La Perm breed. How do La Perms compare to Sphynxes in Personality? Are they more active or more similar to a Domestic?

Hugs from Toronto,

CO

hi there unfortunately we no longer own the 3 sphynx cats we ended up finding out that they came from some very unhealthy lines so decided not to breed them and put them in a pet home now we only have Oscar & Uslada

Romeo the Laperm straight Karpti is a very strange cat he is my mother in laws cat he is really loving towards her and adores attention from anyone who will pet him but he is also very skittish as well not like a sphynx at all haha but he has his own good traits.

attached are pics of Uslada & Oscar our colored
E926E222-CA54-4F14-A0F1-FC0F061CAB70.jpeg
ED681C63-7814-4201-A4B4-75121771E357.jpeg
D095EF03-D08C-44F8-AE2E-707D332D1B0A.jpeg

Ten

Lairian
I am definitely not a cat person (says she who is about to get her second Sphynx!), but all of your cats are absolutely beautiful! Your Devon Rex is an absolutely handsome boy, and your La Perm Straight is so unusual... I have never seen one before. And, of course your Sphynxs' are gorgeous. I love odd-eyes, and would love a white or cream baby with those beautiful blue eyes one day. Hope to see m ore pics of your tribe soon!

OddlyNude

Lairian
Warmest welcome! Love your stunning crew! I just gotta say that focus on the health is music to my ears (and to anyone who has lost a baby to some of those things). Odd eyes are rare here in Sweden where I live, it's like the holy grail of the sphynx. I would love to own one some day... Good luck to you and keep us posted!
Thank you I’m so sorry you had to deal with a loss we are trying our best to make sure we do everything right so unfortunately that means we actually only have 2 babies now as the others ones we found out came from really bad lines unfortunately so they are spayed and put into pet homes now we just have the 2 odd eyed ones Oscar & Uslada they are both coloured odd eyed and they are rare here too feel free to PM me if you want to see more pics and video we have IG, FB and more

OddlyNude

Lairian

Hugs from Toronto,

CO

Welcome! We also live in Calgary! We have one sphynx kitten and an 8 year old Devon Rex. We are also contemplating a LaPerm too! Would love to hear more about where you got yours as well as how they all interact together. Pixel is currently driving Malbec insane with his relentless rough play. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi there unfortunately we only have Oscar & Uslada now we would not recommend the breeder we got our other Sphynx cats from now they are placed in pet homes and spayed very bad unhealthy lines

the Laperm was from cat curls Laperms she is great she is stopped breeding now and has a few available:)

Back