Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Hello From Connecticut

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
Welcome to Sphynxlair. I am looking forward to getting to know you and your boy too.

Last edited:

Sheldon13

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Handsome boy you can tell he was a Tom with all the neck and head muscles!

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need

Yoda mom

Staff member
@MarleysOwner , hello from Florida ! welcome to the lair family! Happy Gotcha! name? I have a retiree too! bless your heart for opening your heart and home to this handsome boy!!! hugs n head smooches. look forward to lots of pics and tales!

here is a great link we all refer to for sphynx life

MarleysOwner

Lairian
@MarleysOwner , hello from Florida ! welcome to the lair family! Happy Gotcha! name? I have a retiree too! bless your heart for opening your heart and home to this handsome boy!!! hugs n head smooches. look forward to lots of pics and tales!

here is a great link we all refer to for sphynx life

Thank you for the warm welcome! I am the only person I know with a sphynx baby so I am very excited. Thank you for the link!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello @MarleysOwner and welcome to Sphynxlair! So glad you found us! What a cutie you have there! Please enjoy the community! :)

Yoda mom

Staff member
@MarleysOwner , just a tip to share.. they don't have ear hair, so they can have oily ears. sometimes vets misdiagnosis normal sphynx ear gunk as mites. surely you got some tips and product suggests from the breeder of what has worked well for him.

my go to for ear wiping out 2x a week is Trizultra with keto. my vet got me hooked on it years ago. I like it is a dual purpose product that can be used on skin. I wet cotton rounds and dab on skin , great to clean armpits and chins, necks.

your boy is so sparkingling handsome! what colors and dreamy eyes! hugs n head smooches

Sheldon13

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@MarleysOwner , just a tip to share.. they don't have ear hair, so they can have oily ears. sometimes vets misdiagnosis normal sphynx ear gunk as mites.
This has always driven me nuts. First of all, mites have a certain smell, and a vet should be familiar with that smell. Secondly, do properly diagnose it isn’t difficult to put a smear under the microscope. Sheesh.

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need

MarleysOwner

Lairian
@MarleysOwner , just a tip to share.. they don't have ear hair, so they can have oily ears. sometimes vets misdiagnosis normal sphynx ear gunk as mites. surely you got some tips and product suggests from the breeder of what has worked well for him.

my go to for ear wiping out 2x a week is Trizultra with keto. my vet got me hooked on it years ago. I like it is a dual purpose product that can be used on skin. I wet cotton rounds and dab on skin , great to clean armpits and chins, necks.

your boy is so sparkingling handsome! what colors and dreamy eyes! hugs n head smooches
I wipe him down with baby wipes and he stays clean and nice. However I’m definitely going to keep the ear advice in mind! Iuse something called Earth vibes but the smell is strong, I don’t like it for him.

I do have a quick health concern. Marley loves to sit on my heater at times. Because of that his paw has a bad scab on it. What would you recommend for that?

Yoda mom

Staff member
how is Marley's Paw? do you have a pic? you can email vet a pic and see if they want to see him if it is a bad scab/burn