Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Hello from Dallas, Texas!

Selfobstrux

Lairian
Hello all! It is so nice to find a forum of other sphynx owners. :)
My name is Melissa, and I have a two year old little boy sphynx called Ra-Ra. :)
I adopted him from a breeder in Oklahoma a few months after he was born, when he was ready for his new home. I feel terrible forgetting the breeder's name; she was very helpful with any questions I had.
I first became interested in sphynxes back in college; I had never gotten to meet a sphynx before, but saw videos on YouTube, and read as extensively as was possible on them. They had such sweet faces with big eyes and cute little feet. When I finally had my own place, I talked to Ra-Ra's breeder. She had a fresh litter of kittens, and sent pictures. I chose Ra-Ra, who was mostly white with big brown spots on his back, and one on his head that was perched like a hat would be. :) I saw photos of him as a kitty little kitten; little blue bleary eyes with an open mouth in protest of having his photo taken, and I fell in love. :) The breeder would diligently send photos every few weeks, chronicling his grow, and the slow change from baby blue eyes to the pretty yellow-green they are today. :)
Long story short, four or so months after he was born, I drove the four and a half hours to pick him up. The first meeting was quick; an exchange of money and kitty in a windy parkinglot, and he was my new baby. :) He slept most of the car ride home, purring as he was held and petted. It has been a little over two years ago, and he is still my perfect little boy. I will have to figure out where to attach pictures, as to show all of you. It is awesome to meet you all, and hopefully Ra-Ra and I will vet to know all of you other sphynx owners and sphynxies :)
He is always rambunctious, and happy to play!

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Greetings! Texas rules!! I am also in the DFW metroplex. My name is Mike and my little clowns name is ButterBall.

Here is a pic I just took recently.

lemmysmommy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Hello and Welcome!! I am glad that you found Ra Ra. Can't wait to see pics!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Melissa and welcome to Sphynxlair! Glad you found us! just go here to learn everything you need to know on the site works Sphynx Cat Forum - FAQ: Board FAQ

Last edited:

susi794

Staff member
Hi Melissa and Ra-Ra. Welcome to the Lair...most of us are all sphynx lair addicts here--lol. It';s a friendly place, filled with good information and wonderful people. Looking forward to getting to know you and your sphynxie boy.

Hello Melissa and welcome to you and Ra-Ra! I am sure you are going to love it here! This is a very addicting place with great people and Sphynx alike!

Can't wait to see pictures of your Ra-Ra!

Kris

firehillqueen

Banned
Welcome Texan! I am just south of Fort Worth and own.. excuse me.. I am owned by 3 Sphynx and a flock of Chihuahuas. I am going to show my babies for the first time at the Fort Worth Cat show in June. Come find us, I would LOVE to met you and anyone else in the area that owns these wonderful cats.